1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

whats happened to keypurr? (are there any better keyboards)?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by james_uk, May 7, 2011.

1. james_uk

james_uk Android Enthusiast
    None

May 27, 2010
    Male
    Liverpool, uk
    I am a keypurr user and do like the keyboard although there are little things that annoy me, what i want to know though, is this software still being made? there hasn't been any updates for a hell of a long time and the keypurr thread that was on here for keypurr was closed due to the the owner creating multitple accounts and replying to his own threads, which doesnt sound too good.

Can anyone shed any light on this software and if its just not making any updates any more, can can anyone suggest any better keyboards out there to use than keypurr?

James

Advertisement

2. nightfishing

nightfishing Android Enthusiast
    None

May 2, 2010
    I really liked the idea of KeyPurr (being an ex BB user), but the function just wasn't there.

I dropped it and switched to SwiftKey and have been very happy.

The whole word predication is pretty slick.

3. gdot

gdot Member
    None

Jun 16, 2010
    I was a Keypurr user too, but dropped it because the little annoyances were getting way too annoying. I tried SwiftKey for a little while and it was okay. I now use Gingerbread keyboard as my default and am very happy with it.

4. james_uk

None

May 27, 2010
    Male
    Liverpool, uk
    thanks for the tips guys, i have installed swype, slideit and gingerbread keyboard, i will see how they go, i have given swype a go first and up to now i am not finding it to hard to use although from looking at it i can imagine it will feel tricky as i make mistakes and from reading other reviews on it. although they do all get good reviews all round.

5. james_uk

None

May 27, 2010
    Male
    Liverpool, uk
    thanks for the reply, i have actually settled with swype now after using a few, i did update keypurr and still have it installed, i have found using swype just too good though.

6. polstein

polstein Member
    None

Dec 23, 2010
    Just in case you are still following this thread - they finally put out an updated version. Wish they would check their mail..

Quick Edit: It's my primary keyboard, couple small things I wish I could ask devs to fix/improve. Was happy to see they are still around, I was assuming it would never be updated again.