• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What's happening to my battery life!?

JohnJSal

Android Expert
Jun 17, 2010
Hi all. I've had my Nexus 7 for about six months and I've never noticed any issues with the battery drain until lately. But now the battery seems to go fast.

The other day I went to bed with it at about 30%, and when I woke up the next morning it was at 6%. More recently, I charged it about a day ago and after unplugging it haven't used it at all. But I just checked and it's at 65%. What's going on here? This doesn't seem normal.

As far as I know, there is nothing running in the background. Location and Bluetooth are off. I checked the "Battery" section in the settings and all it listed as being used since it was unplugged was basic stuff like "Tablet Idle," the OS itself, etc. and all of these were either 1% or 3%.

Any thoughts on what I can do here to figure this out?

Thanks!

Update: Last night it was at 62%. I turned on the option to have Wi-Fi off in sleep mode. This morning it was at 45%! That simply can't be normal.

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones