1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Whats happening with this Root

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bhal92, May 24, 2010.

1. bhal92

bhal92 Member

May 21, 2010
    Id just like to know where abouts we are ive been reading quite a lot of the XDA threads and im getting a bit confused there seems to be 3 different threads over there just for the root :S

Any way can some one just explain at what stage were at, i know we can flash firmware onto the x10, but like whats holding up the root now? i heard something about roms needing a signature :s.

Thanks

Bhal

Advertisement

2. brades

brades Member

May 3, 2010
    Roms need a signature to be flashed to the phone. Someone need to figure out how to do this. May be awhile...if at all :(

3. robwscott

robwscott Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Hey... I knowthis don't have much to do with the rooting issue.... I too have been following the threads at xda... I saw this the other day engadget (app) which I found kind of interesting and is sort of related in a dev kina way.....

Check out :"Entelligence: Is Android fragmented or is this the new rate of innovation?"

Entelligence: Is Android fragmented or is this the new rate of innovation? -- Engadget

Hope this is a valid link I copied and pasted from the engadget app... sorry if its not....

4. robwscott

Apr 11, 2010
    Hey... I knowthis don't have much to do with the rooting issue.... I too have been following the threads at xda... I saw this the other day engadget (app) which I found kind of interesting and is sort of related in a dev kina way.....

Check out :"Entelligence: Is Android fragmented or is this the new rate of innovation?"

Entelligence: Is Android fragmented or is this the new rate of innovation? -- Engadget

Hope this is a valid link I copied and pasted from the engadget app... sorry if its not....

5. robwscott

Apr 11, 2010
    Hmm.... not sure what happened there can one of the MODS delete one of the posts pls..... sorry bout that...