• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What's keeping my phone alive?

Gomez025

Android Enthusiast
Oct 5, 2011
Van Nuys, CA
This happened recently but I just found out my phone screen randomly stays awake and doesn't sleep only when it's charging. I kinda assumed it had to do with the power settings from 360 launcher but that wasn't it. Someone told me to uninstall juicedefender but didn't work screen still stays lit. It fades darker but doesn't go off. My screen timeout is at 30 seconds when it's disconnected. Currently running stock with ZVB. Thanks in advance :)

There's an option in settings under applications > development > stay awake when charging. Is it checked?

Get this, it was unchecked. So I checked it to stay awake (already staying lit), then I unchecked it again and it fixed the problem. But it's weird because it was unchecked. I must've played with the development when trying to root it. Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones