• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Whats next guys?

Download 3.1.2, that should improve things. Incidentally, unless you want to format to EXT4, you don't even have to wipe/factory reset before you flash it, it will just go on top of what you have already, meaning there's no need to backup.

I asked in the thread if you needed to wipe before upgrading and the answer was no.

Is it worth doing the EXT4 bit?

I can't do anything at the moment as my batt is now down to 8% and will need charging soon. I can't complain though, just got 2days 10hrs with low to medium use

snap20110604_163555 by Pothers, on Flickr

Upvote 0
I asked that too and the answer was something along the lines of it doesn't really matter.

Apparantly, the system and cache partitions are formatted to EXT4 when the ROM is installed anyway, but the data partition is left as is. That's why you don't need to bother with wiping/factory reset before you isntall an upgrade. If you install the EXT 4 patch, it's like doing a factory reset as the data partition is formatted to EXT4.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones