1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

What's on the horizon?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by shalemail, Nov 21, 2011.

1. shalemail

shalemail Android Expert

Jul 21, 2010
    Male
    Butcher, Baker, Candlestick Maker
    Under your bed
    I wanted to post this in the Atrix 4G forum since I own one and I am hoping the other Atrix 4G owners/lovers will understand where I am coming from.

I LOVE my Atrix 4G but we all know it's not perfect. ALMOST ;) but not quite. I was not even thinking about a change until the last week or so... My wife had the Moto Bravo and it had become laggy and stupid and was no longer working 100% of the time, so she wanted to upgrade. We have 2 available upgrades so I was 100% on board with her getting a new phone. (I had hoped she'd want an Atrix 4G ...heck they are free now) but she looked at the Atrix 2 and decided she wanted the "newer" one just because it's newer. I figure, hey that's cool - a 2 Atrix household.

So I played around with it helping her get set up on it and you know I really dig it. I like the slightly larger screen, it runs butter smooth, nice new menus. no blur. It's sexy.

SO....I WANT A NEW PHONE TOO DARN IT. But I want an UPGRADE from an Atrix 4G not a sidegrade. :eek:

What's on the horizon, any whispers, any advanced intel? Anything ground breaking due in 2012? I want the Atrix 4G except faster (bigger processor), better screen, and 4G LTE or better capabilities. Overall I am still thrilled with my Moto but you know all tech geeks love new stuff. I was first in line when this came out so...it's been what since March since I have had a new toy? LOL :D
    What's coming? :thinking:

Advertisement

nathan.sobel likes this.
  2. nathan.sobel

nathan.sobel Newbie
    None

Aug 25, 2011
    Accountant
    London
    Out of curiosity, why are you telling the mods to delete this thread?

3. nathan.sobel

nathan.sobel Newbie
    None

Aug 25, 2011
    Accountant
    London
    I have to admit to being slightly upset with motorola. I had heard rumours of a android upgrade to this phone but Motorola seem to be just silent on this issue.
    Have you heard anything on this?

How do I find out what version of the Atrix I have?

4. mzungu.andrew

None
    Are you running Froyo or Gingerbread? There was an android upgrade (gingerbread). Now, if you're talking about Ice Cream Sandwich, there might not be one. But really it's okay. This phone is plenty awesome (although I hate AT&T and really want to switch to Verizon). The Moto Bionic, Razr, and the Samsung Galaxy Note look awesome.

Go to Settings and About Phone and you can see what android version you are running.

5. nathan.sobel

nathan.sobel Newbie
    None

Aug 25, 2011
    Accountant
    London
    I was speaking to Motorola and they gave me instructions for updating my android:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Thank you for contacting Motorola.

Please apply the following steps:
    1st Step: Check for the software update:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please check the following link for the software update and follow its instructions to apply this update to your phone:
    Motorola - Motorola - Mobile Phone Software Update - Motorola UK Atrix&strCable=Micro USB Data Cable&strURL=No URL

2nd step: Perform the factory data reset:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Open the App Menu
    Touch Settings
    Touch Privacy
    Touch Factory data reset
    Touch Reset Phone
    Touch Erase Everything

Please note however that this procedure will delete all data from your phone (but not from the SD card or SIM card). After doing the reset, you will be asked to re-enter your Motoblur account details therefore we would strongly recommend that you ensure you have these details to hand before resetting the phone.

If you have forgotten the password for your Motoblur account, you can reset it by clicking on the following link, entering your e-mail address and then clicking on 'Forgotten Password':
    https://portal-blur.svcmot.com/blur-web-portal-1.0/?x=yncDX3QajxysvYmZri33rQ

All your synchronised accounts and phone numbers added since creating your Motoblur account are saved on the Motoblur servers so when you enter your existing account details, these will re-sync with your phone.

Any applications you have downloaded are saved to your Google account and will be visible in the My Downloads section of the Google Market. We would recommend for troubleshooting purposes however, that you do not install any 3rd party applications for a few days to see if the problem persists.

For any further assistance or information please do not hesitate to contact us, quoting your Customer Reference number. We are reachable on 0870 901 0555 to discuss the matter further with one of our experienced customer service agents. Please contact us anytime between the hours of 8:30am and 6pm Monday to Friday and Saturday 8am to 2pm.

Kind regards,
    Motorola Mobility
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    So there you have it. The newer version is so pretty. I'm now running 2.3.4. Is that the latest?

6. itsallgood

itsallgood Android Expert
    None

Jan 27, 2011
    ICS, Ice Cream Sandwich, is the newest Android OS that just came out a few months ago. Not many phones have it though.

7. shalemail

shalemail Android Expert

Jul 21, 2010
    Male
    Butcher, Baker, Candlestick Maker
    Under your bed
    2.3.4 (Gingerbread) is what we all have on the Atrix 4G it is a very nice version of Android and up to this point very stable and smooth. You should enjoy it.