• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's so bad about Touch Wiz again?

waterballoon

Lurker
Jun 15, 2010
Hi there, I've been using a Samsung Galaxy S for about 2 months and have tried the different launchers available (Launcher Pro & ADW Launcher mainly)... but now I'm back to using Touch Wiz 3.0 & tbh... I don't see how bad it is xD

I've heard pretty bad things about TW like it being ugly & a rip-off of the iOS... I don't really mind those, but besides the superficial & aesthetic "cons", Touch Wiz is pretty decent, no?

Just that... the Samsung Widgets are butt-ugly & useless

I don't think there's anything _wrong_ with TouchWiz but I do massively prefer Launcher Pro. Mostly because:

I can turn off the 'Dots' showing which homescreen I'm on
I get 5 Small icons in the dock instead of 4
Multiple docks
SMS and GMail Icons in the doc can show unread counts
Dislike the Galaxy S application drawer - prefer the '3D' single screen one
Ability to hide apps I'd rather not see from the app drawer
Ability to hide take labels from home screen icons

The big thing about TouchWiz that I do like (and still have using Launcher Pro) is the toggles in the notification drop down. Very nice.

Reactions: Eazail70x7
Upvote 0
I'm trying to decide between Launcher Pro and AdwLauncher. What are the main differences between the two? I'm interested in speed and stability (not hanging/showing the black screen) and the ability to hide icon names in home screen, though that's probably the least of my concerns!

My phone seems to hang more with Launcher Pro, and it's an unrooted one if that matters.

Upvote 0
That's why we run Android, choice. You can run whatever you prefer. Personally I dislike touchwiz, I'm much less productive with it and that's the deal breaker.

The whole phone has been a disaster but the best thing about it is that it can all be changed. At this point I don't want any Samsung software no matter how pretty it thinks it is.

Upvote 0
Odd. I can't get Smoother Calender and SimiClock to display correctly in Launcher Pro, the widgets get cut off. But they're fine in Touchwiz and ADW. I get a message saying I need to pay if I want to resize Smooth Calender.

Another question: is it ok to have three or more launchers installed at the same time?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones