• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What's So Great About 2.1

while the custom kernels are great, they can't overcome the difficiencies that 1.5 inherantly has when it comes to CDMA. The biggest problem, random airplane mode, is likely tied to the shoddy implementation that Sprint/Sammy hacked into 1.5. Heck, all CDMA phones on 1.5 that I know of have issues. 2.1 will bring a lot of fixes for the Moment when it comes to general usability. The Droid already had 2.0 at launch so going to 2.1 isn't a huge update like it would be going from 1.5 to 2.1.

Also, access to newer versions of apps would be A+.

Upvote 0
Yes!!! I'm going to get Google Goggles! when 2.1 is updated on my moment!

ah yeah, google goggles was the other one I was thinking of, couldn't remember the name, the gesture thing they have too looks kinda cool..

Regardles, having the new UI for the marketplace, the new UI for the web browser, etc.. the list goes on and on.... going from 1.5 to 2.1 is like night and day.

Upvote 0
Dude, have you being leaving under a rock for the past 3 months? lol JK

The 2.1 has 3 incredible homescreens and it has something else that I don't remember what it is but anyway ....

I have no idea what's so special about it for everyone to be crazy to jump over and install 2.1, just wait for devs to use wherever is good on it and make a even better ROM =)

Sounds like a better deal for me

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones