• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help What's the answer to the Wifi Problem? Galaxy Ace - Android 2.3.4

Hello,

I just changed my old phone for a Samsung Galaxy Ace with Koodo (Canada).

I can't connect it to Wifi. So I started looking for answers in Google, forums, etc. Here is what I tried, and my results:

1. Used the *#*#526#*#* application. It run and then nothing happened.
2. Used a static IP address at home. It looked as if it connected to the network, but the Internet applications told me there was no connection.

Is the problem the phone, or Android, or what?

Has a fix been found?

Thanks for the help.

I am also experiencing this infuriating fault. For many Ace users If your home Wifi drops connection the phone can no longer reconnect to that wifi no matter what you do. Fo some there are "Work arounds" but it would appear it all depends on who your internet provider is. I am with BT and in no way will my phone reconnect. It was connected fine until that first connection drop... Now no chance. I have tried everything the internet can suggest:

. Switching Wifi Off/On (if only it was that simple)
. Removing the Phones Battery for a brief period
. Hard Reset of the Phone (inputting *2767*3855#)
. Using the Ap "Fix my Wifi"
. Inputting Static Ip Address which does immediately connect the phone to my Wifi but it is pointless as it still cannot connect to any web pages or any Aps which require an internet connection.
. Wifi Driver check code (Input *#*#*526#*#*#)

Some of those solutions have worked for other Ace users but as i say many reconnect but are still unable to go online. Surely Samsung are aware of this considering how long it has been since the OP of this thread had the same issue.

It would be fantastic if any of you kind folk know of a REAL solution to this? Having a Wifi phone that cannot use Wifi is kinda pointless.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the speedy replies fellas. I can't believe there's been such a big issue for such a long time in Samsungs software that stop people connecting to wifi and they haven't figured out a way to patch it. Very slacck on their part.

Wifi is defo something i need as my 3g data is limited.

@Mackinon, by cm7.2 i take it you mean CyanogenMod? CyanogenMod 7.2! | CyanogenMod

What does it do exactly? How will it help my wifi problem? Does my phone need to be rooted?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the speedy replies fellas. I can't believe there's been such a big issue for such a long time in Samsungs software that stop people connecting to wifi and they haven't figured out a way to patch it. Very slacck on their part.

Wifi is defo something i need as my 3g data is limited.

@Mackinon, by cm7.2 i take it you mean CyanogenMod? CyanogenMod 7.2! | CyanogenMod

What does it do exactly? How will it help my wifi problem? Does my phone need to be rooted?

Yeah that is a shame, all these manufacturers stop supporting their products when they attain a good profit out of it and launch new models, they don't care what happens to their older models. Typical profit oriented business.

Yup, cm7.2 is cyanogenmod, its basically gingerbread software with high modifications and enhancement to provide better performance, stability and looks. Like samsung tweak the android and put in their phones with their own rubbish apps, CM does the same without putting it any device and providing it free of cost and without any bloatware.
And YES, you will have to root to install that.

Reactions: BlakeK80
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones