1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What's the Best Android Tablet to Date?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Leonne, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Leonne

Leonne Member

I want to buy an Android tablet but I want a powerful one. As long as the tablet doesn't go up to crazy prices like 750$~ or so I may be able to afford it.
    I will be going to the US early next year (Jan 1st, so in a week :p) and I will be able to buy it at the price you mention here (because buying one here would be awfully expensive).

Thanks for any help!

GalaxyNexus likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Ngo93

Ngo93 Android Enthusiast

I'd throw my vote w/ the Asus Transformer Prime. The 16GB version will run you $500 while the 32GB version goes for $600, and the keyboard dock is an additional $150

Edit: Oops! I meant 32GB and 64GB, my bad!

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  3. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?

Heh the Prime isnt even out yet :) But it is available for pre-order I think and shipping soon. Most people expect it to be the best when it lands too. So Ngo93 may very well have nailed it :)

As of what's out there now I'd say the top three are (in no order as they are all pretty close):
    - Asus Transformer
    - Moto Xoom
    - Galaxy Tab 10.1

Also good:
    - Toshiba Thrive
    - LG G-slate

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  4. substring

substring Android Enthusiast

The best tablet on the market (not just Android) is the Samsung 4G Galaxy Tab 10.1. It is even better than the iPad in my humble opinion. Price is about $600 for 32GB.

The 4G capability makes a world of difference. It is kind of pointless to buy the WiFi version because tablets are meant to be used when you are on the go. And public WiFi is not safe. It does take much to hack a device on a public WiFi network.

Hope this helps.

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  5. Ngo93

Ngo93 Android Enthusiast

Everyone's usage is different, and the majority of people I know / read about do not care to pay extra fees for 3G / 4G services on their tablet every month. So I wouldn't really call it pointless to not have a data plan with a tablet.

And I've edited my above post, I accidentally put 16GB and 32GB when I meant to post 32GB and 64GB versions.

6. Leonne

Leonne Member

Hmm, you guys think the Asus Transformer will be out bu January? Before the 15th? It would be a nice thing to buy there.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! The Galaxy tab does look good and I have heard good stuff about the Toshiba Thrive.