1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

What's the best backup app for Android?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Gino34, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Gino34

Gino34 Member
    None

May 26, 2011
    I just picked up a brand new Htc Incredible S and wanted to know what backup app you guys recommend. I've heard Titanium Backup is good or MyBackup.

Is it worth spending the money on the pro versions of these apps or is the free version good enough in your opinion?

I've also read that certain backup apps are only good for rooted phones. How do I know if my smartphone is rooted or not? Sorry if this has been asked a million times before but this is my 1st smartphone I've ever used.

If someone can help me out it's greatly appreciated! I don't want to install an app that will mess up my phone! :eek:

Advertisement

2. starxpilot

starxpilot Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 24, 2011
    Loss Prevention Agent
    Garland
    Hello there!

Well, firstly, I prefer My Backup, because I've found it easier to back up data with it than Titanium Backup. The Paid version, Free or Rooted ver can be best for you depending on your needs, I had to back up just data, like contacts, SMS, etc...

Depending on what kind of phone you have, rooting will probably differ from phone to phone.

The best place you can get advice from is going here and finding your phone, the threads dedicated to that should have all the information you need. Make sure you read through the stickies in the forums as well, some may have 'need to know' info, if you're planning to root that is [​IMG]

3. B2L

B2L Android Expert
    None

Jan 17, 2011
    Salt Lake City, UT
    I have tried both My Backup Pro, and Titanium Backup Pro. Overall i prefer Titanium backup since it's much easier to use, and seems to backup files much quicker than My Backup.

4. cds0699

cds0699 Android Expert
    None

May 22, 2010
    Shenandoah Jct WV
    I like Titanium backup.

5. all43

all43 Well-Known Member
    None

May 13, 2010
    Titanium backup free meets my needs and never lets me down.