• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

whats the best (FREE) video converting software for EVO?

Hello,

What settings do you guys use? I first used tunebite. Converted Pelham 123 digital copy from .wmv to .mp4. In tunebite, audio is converted to mp3, original bitrate. Video is converted to .mp4 1024 bitrate. Frame rate same as original. Resolution same as original. 720x384. Worked perfectly. Good color. Audio matched. File was less than 900 megs.

However, after that time, Tunebite's audio wasn't in sync with the video. (lip syncing) As much as 2-3 seconds behind. I tried several settings without resolution. Tunebites support isn't the best either.

I then bought another program - Daniusoft Media Converter Ultimate. It converts good. I converted Pelham123 again from the original digital copy. However the color and picture were not as crisp as tunebites. The settings on those were:

Resolution 720x384
Frame Rate Same as Original
Bit Rate 1500 (and I tried 512)
h.264 Encoder .mp4 file

I tried Handbrake but the program keeps shutting down after 2%.

Basically, whats the best settings (regardless of software) for the best quality video for the Evo? Thanks in advance.

Chris

Upvote 0
Hello,

What settings do you guys use? I first used tunebite. Converted Pelham 123 digital copy from .wmv to .mp4. In tunebite, audio is converted to mp3, original bitrate. Video is converted to .mp4 1024 bitrate. Frame rate same as original. Resolution same as original. 720x384. Worked perfectly. Good color. Audio matched. File was less than 900 megs.

well if you can get handbrake to work How to convert videos and transfer them to the HTC EVO 4G - Know Your Cell use those guidelines. worked perfectly for me. i believe the link a few posts up might be this.

Upvote 0
Well I always used "Free Studio Manager", you can google it or download it at Download.com. I was playing with this today, trying to find the best setting, I found the best setting is 480x320 at 30fps or 29fps. It works perfectly it fills the screen totally, and it doesn't take to much space. Ofcourse you can go with 720x480, but the file is going to be too big, is it's going to look the same on the 4.3 screen. I did the 720 and 480, with the same movie, and they both looked equally good. Unless your planning on seeing the movies on a LCD using the hdmi port, I would say, Yes go with 720 instead. But if your just going to see it on your phone, go for 480 with 30fps, it'll look good and you'll have some more space, for more movies.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones