1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What's the Best Modem for Samsung Captivate?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Okay-66, May 22, 2011.

1. Okay-66

Okay-66 Newbie

What is the best (and current modem) for Samsung Captivate?

I currently do have a Serendipity 6.4 ROM, a kernel version of 2.6.32.9 and a baseband (modem) version of I9000UGJK4.

I am seeking an updated modem because I am beginning to experience dropped calls

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ardyer

ardyer Android Enthusiast

3. chicknlil

chicknlil Android Enthusiast

What ardyer said is absolutely right. A modem that works great for me where I am may not work well for you. Short of finding someone who lives in your area, your best bet is likely to be trial and error, experimenting with each.

4. Okay-66

Okay-66 Newbie

Thanks.

I did check out the XDA-developers website. It is jungle of information. I found a link for modems...( [Modems] - (Froyo & Gingerbread) - WCDMA 850 enabled - xda-developers ) but wasn't to sure about their relative qualities and what will provide the stability that I need. Just a list of zip files with little comparison or specs.

5. Okay-66

Okay-66 Newbie

Thanks, ChicknLil. I'll chose some of the latest modems on the link I mentioned earlier and try them out.

I see that you have downloaded the CyanogenMod 7. Is it stable enough to give you all functionality on the Captivate?

6. chicknlil

chicknlil Android Enthusiast

I feel like it is. My GPS works (about as well as the captivate GPS ever works, of course), I can send and receive calls and text messages, battery life seems decent. The camera works, and I feel like my wifi is actually more stable now than it was on various 2.2 builds I had been using.

So for the things I use my phone for - it works. YMMV. :)

7. yosemitesam

yosemitesam Newbie

OP - In my area jk4 used to work great (on 2.2 roms), I'm running 2.3.3 now and I've found jl2 works the best. Like others have mentioned it's just a matter of experimenting for your area.

Samsung Captivate Forum

The Samsung Captivate release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews