1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

what's the best practice to get from .588 to .595 ?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pitarobb, May 21, 2011.

1. pitarobb

pitarobb Lurker

I recently updated from Froyo(stock) to 588(stock) and looking to now make to move to .595(stock?)

I've seen a lot of posts with far too may deviations concerning rooting, and just want to stick with the stock versions for now

An alternate option(if avaialble?) is to go back to Froyo and upgrade directly to .595, but it would be preferred to not have to backup/restore and just easily apply .595 on top of existing .588

Are there any successfull upgrades of this method that someone could post the steps for all of us to enjoy ? ;)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

3. pitarobb

pitarobb Lurker

was hoping to avoid all the 'rooting' hassle by sticking w/ stock-builds...is that option off the table in order to get up to .595 ?

4. VoidedSaint

well it is how you get to .595 how did you get to .588 without being rooted?

5. pitarobb

pitarobb Lurker

froyo(stock) -> gb(.588)

download .588 file
    rename to update.zip
    save to ./
    boot in recovery-mode
    install update.zip
    success ! :)

6. VoidedSaint

ahhh well if that works, go for it, i try to refrain from naming any kind of leak to update.zip cause god forbid you need to use that lol

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews