1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Whats the best rom for Lg Optimus M? :D

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Crex321, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Crex321

Crex321 Well-Known Member

Alright, so at the moment I'm using the Sense Rom by Joneidy, so far it's great, and everything works :) But is there anything better?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Crex321

I've heard of that one.. do pictures, video, web, and mms work?

3. macjay420

macjay420 Android Enthusiast

Works for me...I've been using it since it came out..

4. Crex321

Ahh.. well ill give it a shot. Thanks :)
    oh, I heard its hard to really get pass the lock screen when the rom boots up? Is this true?

5. mystifire2

mystifire2 Well-Known Member

6. Crex321

I saw a video of that happening :/ the person had to move his phone around just to open the lock screen. Are you sure this wont happen? D:

7. jrocivxx

jrocivxx Well-Known Member

It should happen I don't think cm7 has full hardware acceleration. So the screen has trouble waking up when its asleep.. couple of quick fixed... either use a live wallpaper than it works normally or I think I read something in another post about setting minimum MHz to 248 on set CPU and that may solve it for now but I'm not sure

8. Crex321

Thanks a lot :) do you recommend any other rom instead of this one?

9. jrocivxx

jrocivxx Well-Known Member

I mean the sense rom by joneidy is the best so far IMO. The cm7 Roms are awesome but they have little bugs here and there that'll piss you off plus the fact mms is always shotty IMO. I wanna go back to cm7 but I'm waiting for a more stable one. Until then I'm sticking with the sense rom. Joneidys talking about a project rom he's been working on and I've been waiting and looking forward to it.

10. Crex321

Sense works great for me so far. And I agree, it would be nice having a better cm7 with bug fixes and an mms that works. And how long would it be until the new rom he's been working on comes out?
    I've noticed after about a week using the Sense rom, my battery life doesn't last as long as it use to. Anything I can do to change that?

11. andamanu

andamanu Member

Looks like Bobz fixed MMS and WiFi on his latest CM7 build, 09.05.11, can anyone confirm?

12. Yea iwant to use a rom to oc so my fone is supposedly more stable bit this is the stuff i get worried about.... small bugs ;( and unknown ones

Will the sense rom really drain battery faster?? Id rather keep a slow crashing fone instead of have a fast one that battery dies alot

13. Crex321

Well for me the Sense rom drained my battery a lot... I switched to Reppard's CM7.1 and it works great. Battery life is increased, and you can customize it more. Everything works too, so there aren't any worries on some apps not working. :)

14. AndroidHogs

AndroidHogs Android Enthusiast

Cm7.2 from playfulgods is good as well everything works just fine.

15. undacova

undacova Android Enthusiast

You have to calibrate your battery after flashing a new rom. Sense actually has better battery life than all of the cm7 roms.

16. Mikito1976

Mikito1976 Android Enthusiast

I'm running Reppard's CM7.1 (9-20-2011 updated) with r.O.C.K.v1.3 on my phone and works great, no issues. And on my wife's phone I'm running PlayfulGod CM7.2 latest build and it runs great too. I had Joneidy's Blue Sense and was really good too, yet I prefer CyanogenMod.

17. santia213

santia213 Well-Known Member

How exactly do we do this? Care to explain?

18. undacova

undacova Android Enthusiast

Search the market for battery calibration. Once you have the app charge your phone to 100% and press calibrate.

19. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Extreme Android User

Best way to determine which ROM is best for you is to try em all and make your own mind up which works best for you ;)

20. youngnex

youngnex Well-Known Member

I'm using his PlayfulGod's rom version and i am EXTREMELY happy. I love the shutting off effect (looks like a tv) and everything works perfect. I have it overclocked at 768 and its fine. I recommend it. I will make a post soon clearly explaining the differences and what i chose PG's. But, i have noticed they are ALL fairly similar, very similar in fact.

21. p-bOt

p-bOt Android Expert

i have seen links for that aplus rom in a few places. Does anyone know anything about this rom? is it worth trying?

22. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert

Aplus is a good ROM; pretty stable. It includes the dark tremor a2sd scripting, so make sure you have your sd card partitioned. You can look here for help on that. I used it for quite a while before I went over to the CM7. It is also capable of overclocking.

23. p-bOt

p-bOt Android Expert

nice does the sense rom need a partition as well?

24. p-bOt

p-bOt Android Expert

where can i get this r.O.C.K.v1.3 kernel?