1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What's the best smartphone up to 300 dollars?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Oskorp65, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Oskorp65

Oskorp65 Lurker

Hey, I'm a newbie if to speak about smartphones. I want to buy a good smartphone which you won't be discharging fast and that would be great if the smartphone has a lot of memory (not RAM). Can you help me?

2. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

Hi @Oskorp65. There was a time that would have been called a midrange phone. Try searching for "Cheap Android Phones for Sale".

HTH

Seriously though. For that price I'd look for something used that used to be a flagship phone.

3. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

New phone? Try Motorola G Stylus..

dontpanicbobby likes this.
  4. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

How hard is that $300 limit? $350 would get you to the Pixel 4a.

5. svim

svim Extreme Android User

Here's a good article to read through as you start off searching for a good but relatively cheap phone:
    https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/reviews/best-budget-android-phone/
    But keep in mind the RAM issue will be tied to your budget limit. And it's all very relative -- depending on your needs and your expectations you might not even need a phone with a lot of RAM. Just my opinion but stick with any phone that has at least 4GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage. More is better but that's the current offering for a lot budget class phones. And they're adequate for general smartphone usage on a day-to-day basis. If you're looking into high-res games and similar functionality, you're not going to be happy with a lessor phone so if that's the case you do need to up your spending limit as you'll require a phone with not just a good amount of RAM but adequate storage space plus a higher-end processor (both CPU and GPU)/higher res display.

But for the most part, a lot a of the battery discharging aspect will be also be dependent on you and how you set up your phone. If you like lots of eye-candy (multiple widgets all constantly updating themselves) and you prefer to have a lot of apps also frequently updating themselves (email app, texting app, Facebook, Instagram, etc.) than that's going to be effect the battery draw significantly. Most of these things are under your control, either by taking the time to check things in your phone's Settings menu or in each app's Settings/Options menu.
    Just my opinion but Samsung phones tend to have a lot more extraneous apps and things that come pre-installed. Manufacturer and carrier installed apps tend to be cumbersome to fully remove so that's one thing. You can usually Disable a lot of them though so at least that will stop them from running in the background and taxing the battery. Of course some people actually like some of those Samsung apps so my bias against them is my own. Nokia and Motorola phones don't add the same level of fluff that Samsung does, their phones are closer to a clean Android install. And of course there's the Pixel line of phones, those are just Android as is. So you have a pretty wide range of viable choices to pick from. Don't forget to account for your chosen carrier. Not all phones work with all carriers (there are multiple cellular networks that rely upon different frequencies).