1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

What's the best way to do the whole internal+sd storage combo?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Radiance, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Radiance

Radiance Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 17, 2013
    Female
    Dallas, Texas, USA
    I know there's Link2SD, but I tried that twice, and it gives me the same results. Apex is much, much, much quicker in loading at start, but overall it takes like five minutes for everything to be loaded properly on my device. So I can't use it immediately, as it'll say things aren't installed.

Advertisement

2. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues Choose compassion over cruelty
    VIP Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Formerly Linux sysadmin/programmer
    $HOME/LosAngeles
    It depends on what you're trying to accomplish, as well as personal preference.

On my Motorola Atrix 2, running ICS, I have the option to move apps to SD without anything extra. On my phone, this is accessible via several routes, including:

Settings | Storage | Apps | [the app you want to move] | Move to SD card

and:

Android System | Apps | [the app you want to move] | Manage | Move to SD card

See if your phone has anything similar. Also, if you let us know which phone and version you're using, someone with that same phone might have a solution.

3. Radiance

Radiance Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 17, 2013
    Female
    Dallas, Texas, USA
    I already move as many apps into my SD card. The problem is that I have too many that are not able to be moved. I have the Huawei Fusion 2 and it's running CyanogenMod 10.1. I'm also using a 16GB MicroSD card, not the standard slow one, but the faster one.

(and I promise this is not some sort of spam attack since that other guy is also posting a bunch of threads about the same phone, hahaha, I tried asking this on XDA a few weeks ago with no response)

The device is only 2GB, most of it being the sdcard partition. You can only fit about 50 apps before it starts complaining about low space. So I want to extend it to that 16GB card, which I did with Link2SD, but with the problems mentioned earlier.

4. nik vi

nik vi Lurker
    None

Jul 31, 2013
    Hi dear do u know something about motorola xt800 eclier updates in india, please help me I am a new user here?

Waiting

Thanks
    Nik vi

5. nik vi

nik vi Lurker
    None

Jul 31, 2013
    And how can I root my phone please tell me the tricks.
    So that to use move apps to sd

Thanks
    Nik vi.

6. nik vi

nik vi Lurker
    None

Jul 31, 2013
    Please help me?

7. divinebovine

divinebovine Android Expert
    None

Aug 30, 2012
    What is Apex? I did a search and came up with Apex launcher but didn't see anything related to this topic.

What results do you get from Link2SD? I've had mixed results with it but it's always been the best I can find.

See also this thread:
    http://androidforums.com/milano-all...mlink-dalvik-cache-rooted-kyocera-milano.html
    In that thread, find a discussion of mounting the SD card's EXT2/3/4 partition as your /data instead of the normal internal storage.

I suspect that most people who are asking this sort of question have already tried that but found it insufficient. I can't speak for newer Android versions, but in Gingerbread it doesn't save much space; most of the app's space usage is still internal after using native app2sd, thanks to app data, libraries, and worst of all the dalvik cache.

8. divinebovine

divinebovine Android Expert
    None

Aug 30, 2012
    Hello Nik,

Welcome to the forum. You will want to do some more reading and research on your own, try to find threads that are about your question, and if you can't then you'll want to post your own thread. This thread is about making apps use SD storage space instead of internal and is not related to your question.

Also please be patient...sometimes you get quick responses, but often a question posted on a forum can take a day to get any response at all, and weeks to get the right answer.