1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

what's the best way to pay for apps?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lefecious, May 20, 2011.

1. lefecious

lefecious Newbie

I was under the impression that I could buy apps and the money would be deducted from my prepaid virgin mobile account, but I just went to download doggcatcher and it asked me for a credit card. I'm not really crazy about putting my credit card on my phone, so is there a more secure way to buy stuff?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. MacFett

MacFett Android Expert

Reloadable Visa?

3. blmbmj

blmbmj Newbie

Mine are paid directly from my Google Account. Set up a gmail account and then go to checkout.google and register your credit card.

Amazon also has an App store and you can use your Amazon account to pay for everything.

4. jralabate

jralabate Newbie

Blapkmarket

5. lefecious

lefecious Newbie

Thanks for the help. I set up a google checkout account on my PC, which then allowed me to buy doggcatcher on my phone for $6.99. But I was also hit with a separate charge of $1.00. Anyone know what that's about? Google's pricing indicates that they charge 0.80% of the purchase price, but that would not amount to $1.00, so I don't know what's going on now.

This was from google's FAQ:
    "Google Checkout service fees is 0.80% of the purchase price. Buyer or Seller can pay this fee, or it may be split between them."

6. MacFett

MacFett Android Expert

I just looked over all 5 purchases and I have only been charged the exact amount of the app. The only one I question is the one that was 0.99 cents and instead shows as 0.99euros.

7. lefecious

lefecious Newbie

Maybe google charges a dollar to set up the account for the first time?

8. lefecious

lefecious Newbie

Ah, finally found it:

"
    You may also notice a $1.00 transaction from Google, which is actually a pending authorization request between our billing system and the bank that issued your credit or debit card, so you won't end up paying the extra $1.00.
    When you check your bank account or credit card statement, payment authorizations are often listed as "pending." These transactions might remain in your account between 1-14 business days, depending on your card-issuing bank. Please keep in mind they are authorization requests only, not actual charges.
    Authorizations can remain in your account anywhere from 24 hours up to 14 business days, depending on the bank. You may contact your bank to confirm the charge for your purchase with Google or to check on the authorization status."

9. lizm

lizm Android Enthusiast

I use google checkout for everything i can, including app purchases.

10. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus

If you go to Walmart and get a Walmart money card(green dot VISA) it cost $3.00 to load it and $3.00 per month fee. It can be loaded elsewhere but you pay there fee for loading($4.00-$5.00). I only put what I think I'm going to spend on apps and such. Nobody can take whats not on it. Plus it keeps me from spending too much on the web.

11. tater_salad

tater_salad Member

The fee may have been you bank charging an international free if the app was in a foreign currency.

I really wish I could use paypal, but I don't think that will every happen.

LG Optimus V Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews