• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Whats the best web browser on the desire?? + other app q's

so its worth having a task killer for those reasons??
say you might kill google maps or internet etc??
Not really as the phone has a built in task killer. Just go into manage applications (as if you were going to clear cache) and hit the force stop button.

Alternatively an app such as System Panel Lite will also kill individual apps which are not responding. I have seen it described as a task killer for people who don't like task killers.

Upvote 0
Standard browser for me, I've tried others but haven't found anything that I've considered a keeper. The only annoyance with the standard browser is that I need to exit the app by continuously tapping the back key. Is there an alternative way to exit?
Yes you can use the windows in the stock browser to exit more efficiently. Open up a new window with only your homepage. Then press the little cross in the top right corner of all the others to close them. You can then exit out of your homepage by pressing the back key only once.

Personally I also prefer the stock browser and I've uninstalled Dolphin and Opera.

Reactions: UKseagull
Upvote 0
Yes you can use the windows in the stock browser to exit more efficiently. Open up a new window with only your homepage. Then press the little cross in the top right corner of all the others to close them. You can then exit out of your homepage by pressing the back key only once.

Personally I also prefer the stock browser and I've uninstalled Dolphin and Opera.

Yes, I think it was you who told me about this idea when I was worried about being able to go back to a logged in HTTPS site (bank) and still being logged in. Have to say, this method works perfectly

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones