1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What's the big deal?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by gloriousnumber1, Oct 8, 2014.

1. gloriousnumber1

gloriousnumber1 Android Expert

Why are there so many mindless drones that are drawn to In N Out burger like zombies to brains? This makes no sense to me.

"Oh it's just so good, nothing else is like it!"
    That one is purely subjective.

Another reason please

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dan330

dan330 Extreme Android User

I don't get it either. ...

I like jack n the box more

3. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues Compassion is cool!
    VIP Member

Because it's a California institution? :thinking: Other than that, I really can't say. Aside from stopping there for milkshakes when my mom was still alive, I haven't been there in decades. They're not exactly vegan/vegetarian friendly, you know?

However, their name always makes me grin. Why? Because of an old trick that seemed so clever when I was a lot younger. See, you take one of their bumper stickers and cut out certain letters. Like this:

In-N-Out Burger

:rofl:

4. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Extreme Android User

5. bjacks12

bjacks12 Android Expert

I think there tends to be a hype over anything 'Californian'.

However, I do really enjoy a double-double with just ketchup and grilled onions. Their shakes are good too. But their fries suck.

6. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Extreme Android User

What old movie is this from:

"No time for the old in and out, I'm just here to read the meter."

7. MoodyBlues

VIP Member

A Clockwork Orange. (I had to let my friend Google tell me...you see, I've never actually seen the movie. Its X rating when it came out meant I couldn't get in. Now that age has been a non-issue for eons, I've meant to see it, but just never have.)

8. jefboyardee

That movie taught me a lot scary things about how people wind up with rights and responsibilities I would have never thought possible. Haven't seen it in about thirty years... let's go.

9. mikedt

mikedt 你好

"I'm singing in the rain
    Just singing in the rain
    What a glorious feelin'
    I'm happy again"

It's a rather violent movie. In fact couldn't even watch it in the UK for about 30 years. Stanley Kubrick himself withdrew it from UK circulation.

10. jefboyardee

A Clockwork Orange is a 1971 dystopian crime film...

Sorry, trying to figure out Moody's age... you could be anywhere from sixty-four on down to not have had permission to see it. I first saw it on its umpteenth release, and I still had to sneak in. But I do know that we both joined AF in Jan 2011, so I guess you're also fifty-nine. ;)

11. jefboyardee

You have just mastered the use of the word 'understatement.' But it didn't just use violence to spice up some scenes, it was about violence, it practically celebrated it.

...I'm afraid I'm responsible for dragging the subject away from hamburgers and drones.

12. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

i think IN'N'Out is great....i love it. you need to get animal style fries though. the regular fries are ok, but animal style it and you have something that is purely amazing!!!!!!!

13. MoodyBlues

VIP Member

So everyone who joined AF in January 2011 is 59?! :laugh:

14. jefboyardee

Yep, that's all I got to go on.

15. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Extreme Android User

Why does Moody's age matter? You can have a curmudgeon at 5 yrs old, and a free thinker go with the flow at 80 and above?

16. mikedt

mikedt 你好

So how does one say "droog", "synthemesc", "vellocet" and "drencrom" in Chinese? Google Translate is useless.

17. jefboyardee

It doesn't one bit. Just read that she was too young to be allowed to see that movie so I became curious, that's all.

18. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

ummmmmmm can we get back on topic of this thread;)

I like In N Out....it is one of my fav. burger joints. however, i'm starting to like Five Guys as well.

i think my all time fav though is the Habit. it originated in a small whole in the wall place in Goleta, Ca....basically Santa Barbara. now they are spreading thru out LA like wild fire.

like i said, animal style the fries is the way to go;)

Slug likes this.
  19. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I've never heard of In and Out burgers. I only know the other one.

20. bjacks12

bjacks12 Android Expert

It's a burger joint originating in California. It's a regional chain, having only recently made it to states such as Arizona, Utah, and Nevada.

mikedt likes this.
  21. dan330

dan330 Extreme Android User

and texas... like weed. nothing to rave about

22. bjacks12

bjacks12 Android Expert

True. In fact, when it first opened in St. George, UT, I avoided going there. I couldn't be bothered and there were way too many people.

Nowadays I stop by occasionally when the craving hits, but I have to really want it in order to spend 25 minutes in the drive-thru.

23. jefboyardee

'Nobody goes there anymore because it's always so crowded.'

24. olbriar

olbriar  

I'd never heard of the In and Out burgers until this thread. If their drive through is a 25 minute wait, is their name suggesting a quickly digestible burger? :rolleyes: