1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Whats the deal with this phone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by natesumm, Jun 8, 2011.

1. natesumm

natesumm Lurker
    None

Jun 8, 2011
    I have been thinking about the G2X since it came out in April. According to the T-Mobile website this phone is out of stock, again. I know there is a previous thread for this but that was round one. I have called t-mo customer support but get a generic "we dont know when it will be avalible". It seems odd to me that t-mobile is having inventory issues. They had to have known that this phone would be popular. Anyway, just wanted to know if anyone has any new insight on the issue. Hopefully I will have my 1st android soon. Thanks

Advertisement

2. ickster

ickster Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 22, 2011
    N. Texas
    Yeah this horse has been beat to death...
    Pretty telling though that you can't get one still. It's not a matter of not available again....it never has come back "in stock" since it was removed I don't think. I think it's because they are waiting for the new software update.

3. BostonBri

BostonBri Lurker
    None

Jun 4, 2011
    For what it's worth: I ordered mine through Amazon wireless. Was $130 cheaper than t-mobile with new 2-year contract, and came very quickly.

I have experienced none of the common issues. I had a phantom touch on the screen of my first one. They asked me to take it to a store to be checked out, after that they replaced it no problem. Second is running strong, no problems.

4. JSchu22

JSchu22 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 13, 2009
    Tampa
    I need to take advantage of this and sell mine. Just need to get some pics taken.

Tags: