• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Whats the difference between different type of cases (Gel,hard back etc)? Which is the best?

goyal.sanchit

Android Enthusiast
Aug 23, 2010
India
Hello everyone

If anyone search on ebay for cases of Samsung Galaxy S I9000 many results come up and there is a wide variety of different type of cases. Gel, Hard back etc. I was wondering whats the difference between them, which one is suited for which purpose and which are most effective?

Would appreciate some inputs on this topic. :)

regards

I'm using the Case-Mate Barely there cases, it fits really well and the back now feels good. :) (Plus adds just a mm in thickness.)However, I won't be expecting it to be too durable.

But, the screen protector is not v.good. (The sales guy applied it without proper centering, plus it doesn't feel good swyping on it, plus frequent "rainbow effect").

Upvote 0
I have this :
Case-Mate Samsung i9000 Galaxy S Tough Case / Black/Black - Mobiles at Play.com (UK)

Its a silicon inner and hard ABS outer case combo. One word EXCELLENT.

This encases totally the phone but gives full access to all buttons and ports.

It has saved my phone more than once.

The combo of a soft inner case and hard outer case is unique and very effective.

You cant go wrong with this except that it add bulk.

Upvote 0
I purchased a package for the Vibrant T959 consisting of a silicone case, mirror screen protector, and car charger from imobile247 through ebay.

The case is a good fit for my i9000M and gives me better grip on the handset as well as protection although it makes for a tighter fit in my belt holster.

The screen protector however does not fit my phone because it is rigid and covers the physical home key making it very difficult to press (the T959 does not have the physical home button).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones