1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Whats the fastest way to Force Stop?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by RudeandRude, Aug 6, 2010.

1. RudeandRude

RudeandRude Member

May 3, 2010
    I've done a search but found nothing. It seems like when I have to force stop an application, it takes me 8-10 button presses to accomplish it (menu-settings-applications-manage applications-sort by size-sort az-find application-scroll down-force stop). It's just not easy. Especially if I'm driving or jogging. Is there a quick and simple way to force stop an application?

I have the Incredible if that helps at all.

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. copestag

copestag Well-Known Member

May 23, 2010
    LOL Im gonna use those dreaded words: task killer

I keep advanced task killer installed just for that purpose....... many on here will tell you task killers are useless..... and generally I tend to agree with them except on this point....

I have mine set to everything manual ...... I dont want it running in the background...... I dont want it automatically killing things........ and I dont want blanket kills when I do use it........

however when I do need to use it its quite simple........ goto the apps directory>open ATK> longpress the app I want to kill> and select Kill........ then longpress the ATK app in that list and select kill (so it doesnt keep running in the background)

its the only time I use a task killer..... but it is definitely the best time to have one...... anytime I need to FC an app its just that easy

3. HumanMachine

HumanMachine Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Stereo Artist at Legend 3D
    San Diego
    I don't see the point of force stopping. I do have Advanced Task Manager but really only out of ignorance and preference to see what stuff I've got running on my Droid X. I don't go out of my way to kill apps though. The way I understand it, is that out phones are designed to background apps for a while, and then just outright kill them should the need for the memory arise. Sure I suppose your home screen may not be lightning fast, but it would still be fast.

I sort of don't like to push people to get task killers if they have a more modern phone running droid.

4. RudeandRude

RudeandRude Member

May 3, 2010
    I have one or two apps that are necessary for work, but they just freeze a lot. I dont want to use an app killer because it'll kill more than just the app I want to close. I was really hoping there was some kind of shortcut to just kill the app you're currently in.