• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's the highest capacity battery available without a new back door?

Seidio has a 2500 mAh (maybe it's 2200...it's 2000+ anyways) battery. But it's costly at $50.

If you only get 4 hours, I'd seriously look into installing battery monitor widget and finding out why. That's some insane consumption. Either you're constantly watching movies, playing games, and surfing the web, or you have an issue with your phone. Either a runaway app or maybe the phone is bad.

Also, use wifi when you can, turn off 4G/3G when you can't use either (like inside a building with no wifi). And read some threads on power management.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
Love my Otterbox, hate the 4-hour battery life. Thanks :)

A couple of things that could help your battery life are in no particular order:

1) If you don't use Google Talk turn it off. Talk by default automatically signs you in. Check it after each OTA update or Data Reset. Go to Talk<Menu<Settings<Uncheck Automatically Sign In<Use back arrow<Hit Menu<Touch Sign Out.

2)Sprint Zone. I don't personally use this Sprint Software Tool but I think some things need it (not for certain). Anywho Sprint Zone<Menu<Settings<Scroll to Bottom Tap Set Update Frequency... I set it to update Once a Month.

3)Last I use My Settings App to make sure my screen brightness is at 35% or so. If I'm out side I just turn it up to 75%. The My Settings App allows you access to many things, Airplane Mode, Wi Fi, Bluetooth, Ringer Mode, GPS, Screen Timeout, Sync, 2G/3G and Lock Screen. there are others as well that's the app that was suggested to many when i picked up my Evo4G.

4) Amazon App Store and Amazon MP3 is another one you may need to be careful about because I believe you need to sign in and out. I am not for sure but it may run in the background if you don't sign out. Early Mon or Marctronixx may be able to speak to this?

Those three things really help with battery life. Hope this helps.

Charles

PS I love My Otterbox Too Can't say enough about my Defender Case!

Upvote 0
IDK if this applies to you, but I rooted the other day, and I've had horrible battery since I've had the phone *note* I love my phone, and I'm always messing with it or listening to music at work...

Anyways, if you can, reset your battery stats because I did that this morning and actually lasted my FIRST day through work and everything without going into airplane mode, and listening to music and got home with 20% battery or so :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones