1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support what's the incredible usb port size?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jayochs, Jul 24, 2010.

1. jayochs

jayochs Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Critical Infrastructure Protection Bureau, Office
    Brick, NJ
    i know it's different than the eris, which is a mini USB. is the incredible a micro USB? i asked my friend who's got one, and he says he thinks it's just an incredible-specific port. then again, he thought that about the eris, but the eris works with any mini usb cable (i plug it into my PC using my digital cameras cable). i ask because i've got the HTC car charger for my eris, and i'm going to want to use it with my incredible but i don't think i'll be able to. he said there's some sort of adapter that can go from the eris' mini USB to whatever the incredible is, but he didn't elaborate and i haven't talked to him since lol. any thoughts? don't wannt buy a brand new car charger if i can just get a small adapter!

Advertisement

2. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Northern Virginia
  3. Oddity

Oddity Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2010
    Yeah its a micro usb. It is a different shape but that is only to accommodate the HTC tv out cable. It accepts any micro usb cable.

4. jayochs

jayochs Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Critical Infrastructure Protection Bureau, Office
    Brick, NJ
    great! thanks! time to search for a micro USB adapter! actually hell, i have a crappy micro-usb charger that i got on amazon for like 3 bucks for my env touch back in like april...or is it a nono to use crappy car chargers? the HTC official one i have is super nice and seems 10x sturdier and more well built than that crappy 3 dollar one lol