1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Whats the longest I can leave my android screen on?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nadiawicket, Jul 9, 2018.

1. nadiawicket

nadiawicket Lurker

Whats the longest I can leave my galaxy s6's screen on?
    Good for 10 hour marathons? Need to record a ton of on screen acrivity with screen recorder apps like mobizen.

After like 10 hours I can give it a break.

Just found out they havent found a way to screen record android like regular computers. In normal pc screen recorders like simple screen recorder on linux for example you can just turn off the screen. Not in android apparently.

After the ten hour recordings Ill just give it a couple hours break and resume.

Can rooted s6 (renegade mod) do this with no problems long term?

Net suggests that modern OLED phones like s6 are not prone to burn in. What you think?

2. svim

svim Extreme Android User

The storage requirements for a ten-hour session will be quite large, even if you have a lot of free space in the internal storage and a large capacity microSD card, along with the need for a very adequate external battery as leaving a screen on for such a long time while doing a system-resource heavy function of recording video will be really, really taxing on the device's battery.
    So basically you want your S6 to function like a higher-end laptop (large capacity hard drive with extended battery pack). Doesn't seem to be a practical expectation.

3. nadiawicket

nadiawicket Lurker

Thanks for insight.

However I am glad to inform you that I am 100 per cent positive that space and power are non issues for me at the moment.

Only concern right now is leaving the screen on for a long time that makes me a little worried about overheating or screen damage.

Maybe should be 6 hours tops near a fan or cooling source each marathon recording instead of 10?

You think I should be worried about screen on for such a long time? Or anything else not power or space?

4. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

I'd turn the brightness down to the minimum.
    That should not affect the recording (screenshots don't depend on brightness) but will reduce heating and the risk of burn-in (since you have an OLED screen).

But apart from display models in shops few phones ever run that long continuously, so few if any of us will be able to advise based on experience.

5. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

You never mentioned if you had access to a laptop or not. SInce it's an S6, that means it's compatible with SideSync. Just hook it up to PC and use Sidesync to record the screen. While SideSync is active, the phone screen is off and the screen is projected onto a window on your computer. Last I checked it has a record screen function.

Hadron likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S6 release date was April 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Exynos 7420 Octa processor, and 2550mAh battery.

April 2015
Release Date
Reviews