• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's the most data you've transfered in one month? T-Mobile

My cycle started on 7/25, which I have already used 9.3GB of my unlimited data. Last month, I used 8.9GB for the entire month. I've gone on quite the streak of watching Orange is the New Black on Netflix during my commute to/from work, so that may explain the high usage. However, I tend to use Sensorly a lot, which maps out T-Mo's LTE network - that uses a lot of data too.

Reactions: Sepero
Upvote 0
I've no idea what I normally use. 99% of the time I'm on WiFi. When I leave the house I disable Sync, and unless I need to use Maps I also disable GPS. Anything on the phone that offers an option to either update over WiFi or update over Data, it's always set to WiFi only.

Does T-Mobile offer an area in the user account area to see what past usage has been? If it's there, I can't find it.

Upvote 0
I've no idea what I normally use. 99% of the time I'm on WiFi. When I leave the house I disable Sync, and unless I need to use Maps I also disable GPS. Anything on the phone that offers an option to either update over WiFi or update over Data, it's always set to WiFi only.

Does T-Mobile offer an area in the user account area to see what past usage has been? If it's there, I can't find it.

Once you log in, go to See My Usage (it's right under where it tells you how much data you've used for the month). Once you are in that section, scroll down and you can choose what bill cycle you want to look at.

Upvote 0
My cycle started on 7/25, which I have already used 9.3GB of my unlimited data. Last month, I used 8.9GB for the entire month. I've gone on quite the streak of watching Orange is the New Black on Netflix during my commute to/from work, so that may explain the high usage. However, I tend to use Sensorly a lot, which maps out T-Mo's LTE network - that uses a lot of data too.

I watched the whole season in 1 week at work, good show.

I used just over 40gb last month, my normal usage is 20-40gb a month depending on how much Netflix/YouTube I watch at work on my iPad (tethering to my Nexus4)

Upvote 0
Once you log in, go to See My Usage (it's right under where it tells you how much data you've used for the month). Once you are in that section, scroll down and you can choose what bill cycle you want to look at.

Hrm... maybe it's different for prepaid, but I don't see where I can view previous months. Only for the current month. Not a biggie though. But thank you for the directions!!

Upvote 0
For one month? When do you sleep?! :D

Since I went unlimited postpaid I've been averaging about 25gb a month.

Its because I tether onto my Xbox, ps3, and laptop. Games like Dust514, Defiance, Battlefield 3... Constantly use data. Lots of it.
Not to mention downloading dlc and updates. Now add in free games with gold and PlayStation plus. (Easily 5gb per game. Total of maybe 11gb on Xbox per month, more on ps3 )

Upvote 0
My issue that I don't use my phone nearly as much as my tablet when possible. So my phone data is usually between 700 MB and 3GB. It's a shame that data plans for tablets on T-Mobile are a rip off. Wifi usage of my TF700 is usually through the roof, coming in at an average of 80GB. Using Splashtop a lot tends to have that effect.

I use the native wireless tether feature on AOSP, which doesn't count towards my "tethering" allotment, but counts towards (unlimited) data used.

Upvote 0

Hrm... maybe it's different for prepaid, but I don't see where I can view previous months. Only for the current month. Not a biggie though. But thank you for the directions!!

An update to that... I can now see the data used! We upgraded to the no contract family plan.

Upvote 0
My issue that I don't use my phone nearly as much as my tablet when possible. So my phone data is usually between 700 MB and 3GB. It's a shame that data plans for tablets on T-Mobile are a rip off. Wifi usage of my TF700 is usually through the roof, coming in at an average of 80GB. Using Splashtop a lot tends to have that effect.

I'm on the new JUMP unlimited calls/2.5Gb plan which works well for me since I'm on home Wi-Fi most of the time. I was looking forward to tethering my N10 tablet when out, but I can't get full bandwidth (500Mb if I'm lucky). But tethered to my laptop or my old HTC Vivid, I get full bandwidth. I've been trying to figure out why, but so far no luck. Any ideas?

Upvote 0
Over 350GB, This month I'm at over 100GB.

Have you ever heard of this crazy new invention called broadband Internet?! It's amazing! It let's you use up hundreds of gigabytes of data every month! You can also set up something called Wi-fi which is really cool. You can connect many devices and share the Internet! Many people in America have this amazing invention!

:p

Upvote 0
If I lived by myself, I'd consider going for the unlimited plan instead of wifi. Everything I do internet wise could be done with a phone hdmi'd to a TV (Netflix, some email with a Bluetooth keyboard, not much else). I'd still prefer a reasonably priced unlimited tablet plan (to do the same) and a small phone allowance. Has anyone tried a sim with the $70 plan in a tablet? I wonder if TMobile would be fine with that considering you're also paying for unlimited talk and text you're not using.

Upvote 0
Have you ever heard of this crazy new invention called broadband Internet?! It's amazing! It let's you use up hundreds of gigabytes of data every month! You can also set up something called Wi-fi which is really cool. You can connect many devices and share the Internet! Many people in America have this amazing invention!

:p
I am not at a location where I can get dsl or cable internet.
Before T-Mobile began offering truly unlimited I was using throttled virgin mobile unlimited.

What!? That's just absurd.

They offer unlimited, I pay $70 a month and just like a buffet I intend to get my moneys worth.

EDIT: Also If I had cable or DSL, I would not be paying for a cell phone and just use my old HTC One V with Groove IP.

EDIT2:
p2yv.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones