1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Whats the most stable rom for sg2:e4gt?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by meatntators, Jan 7, 2012.

1. meatntators

meatntators Lurker
    None

Dec 28, 2011
    Are there any that dont have issues?.... i currently have starburst and its constantly rebooting on its own and a couple other problems would be it seems a little sluggish. and the update keeps popping up. Basically i just want to know if i should redo my whole phone and just root it and not flash a rom because i would rather everything work great and not have any technical difficulties.... And also the battery life sucks since i putthis on here.

Advertisement

2. meatntators

meatntators Lurker
    None

Dec 28, 2011
    My brother has an evo 4g and we basically did all this the same time with each of our phones and it seems like the roms and all that stuff available for his phone has most of the kinks worked out, compaed to the epic 4g.

3. Assbeard1013

Assbeard1013 Newbie
    None

Unnamed Rom has worked great for me

4. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Android Expert
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    Male
    Private Security
    Seattle
    I used Venum ROM for a while and it was stable, but I was just looking for something to use until I could get CM7 or ICS on my phone. I'm now using CM7 on my phone, and it is stable and works great (it is still an alpha with no 4G working).

Venum ROM is on XDA
    CM7 alpha is on Rootzwiki

5. Ronny71

Ronny71 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 24, 2011
    I'm running the Syndicated Ice Rom...Its sweet...runs flawlessly...everything works...No LOS...Running Go Launcher...and a ton of other apps...No lag whatsoever...:D

6. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Android Expert
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    geek
    USA
    I'm running Calkulin's E4GT's V2.8 ROM which is based on the latest EL29 leak. Everything works fantastic, very stable, no issues at all. :)

I spent a couple weeks reading many ROM threads before settling on Calkulin's ROM.

7. scooterinmn

scooterinmn Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 23, 2011
    MN
    +1 for Calkulin's ROM. Don't have ANY issues and battery life is about 30-50% better than the stock ROM without any tweaking. All of the features that I wanted are there like Hotspot.

8. Ronny71

Ronny71 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 24, 2011
    Switched to Venom yesterday...I really like Calks, Unnamed, Venom and Syndicated Ice...All 4 run great...no problems...I'm really likin the Venom now...Will stick with it for awhile...I like swappin Roms every so often...:cool:

9. Pimpcasso

Pimpcasso Lurker
    None

Jan 2, 2010
    Orlando
    I'm trying SENZATION right now and it's pretty sweet so far no issues.

10. rbtrucking

rbtrucking Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 21, 2011
    Im running Phantom Hackers Blazer rom right now and am loving it with the darkfire theme. The problems you are having may not be the roms fault when I first rooted and installed a custom rom my phone would reboot literally at least 10 times a day and randomly shut off all the time! I was really ready to throw it out the window but then I realized the kernal I was running was conflicting with the rom and that was causing it all! I switched to the right kernal and now I am rock solid stable! Phone has been up for a good 600 hours since and has not rebooted once!

11. Pimpcasso

Pimpcasso Lurker
    None

Jan 2, 2010
    Orlando
    I was falling in love with SENZATION, but couldn't get wifi tether to work. switching to Blazer now. rebooting as we speak.