• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What's the most stable, rooted ROM available for DINC?

fixitevilson

Jun 28, 2013
I'm wondering what the most stable ROM for the HTC Droid Incredible is. I rooted the phone 2 months ago, and was running CyanogenMod 7.2.
Running CM7, approaching 3 days of uptime, the phone crashed, A second time, the phone crashed, and froze up, and the only way I could solve it was pulling the battery.
I was running CM7 + IncrediKernel on my phone.

I unrooted my phone because of the instability I was experiencing with it while being rooted.

Any idea of what ROM and Kernel combination is really stable that I can use, and if it's an ICS ROM, will it be having a fully functional camera / video camera combination?

Reactions: jmar
Hey there and welcome to AF!

I used to be a DInc user and was about to recommend CyanogenMod after reading the post title. However, it seems like you've run into an issue or two with that ROM.

First and foremost, I want you to know something. The act of unlocking your bootloader, swapping stock recovery for custom recovery, and rooting your phone do not make for an unstable device. So re-root and all that stuff, cos you're probably gonna flash another ROM anyway. What often makes a device unstable is a poorly coded app, a ROM with bugs, or an improper flash of a ROM.

In my experience with the DInc, CyanogenMod was always the ROM that run the best. I tried all the Sense-based ROMs, but nothing compared to CyanogenMod, for me.

Linkies: Nil's Business Sense; Liberation; Stock Rooted ROM <---Download the Deodexed version in case you want to flash any mods, Odexed version doesn't allow this.

P.S. I moved your post to the All-Things-Root Forum. This will allow other rooters to see your thread and offer help more easily.

Upvote 0
I may have come across a buggy ROM. I liked using CyanogenMod, anyway. I loved the customizations as well with the ROM, plus the ability to screenshot. I may have to download CM7 from a different source, because I was swapping from using WiFi and 3G to download it. That may have had me come across a bug in the ROM.

At least, when I re-root this time, I'll be sure to backup my stock ROM, one thing I forgot to do when I first rooted it in April :)

Reactions: jmar
Upvote 0
I may have come across a buggy ROM. I liked using CyanogenMod, anyway. I loved the customizations as well with the ROM, plus the ability to screenshot. I may have to download CM7 from a different source, because I was swapping from using WiFi and 3G to download it. That may have had me come across a bug in the ROM.

At least, when I re-root this time, I'll be sure to backup my stock ROM, one thing I forgot to do when I first rooted it in April :)
Here's the official site for downloading CyanogenMod: get.cm

Here's GApps: gapps-gb-20110828-newtalk-signed.zip
SQkaFXm.png

Good luck. I hope you find a ROM that is stable and meets your needs.

Again, welcome to AF!

jmar

Reactions: fixitevilson
Upvote 0
i strongly recommend cm7 mixed in with tiny4579 incredikernel(the one for aosp gingerbread) the underclock and undervolt features save lots of battery, it sounds like you had installed incredikernel and overclocked which have may caused the freezing/issues. i strongly suggest using TWRP as a custom recovery and if yu like the stock feeling use Touch_of_Blue over at xda(or here idk if it has been posted here).

Upvote 0
I'll get that kernel whenever I get to a computer. So far, I only had one hiccup with the ROM but a reboot solved that... as I didnt reboot whenever Android Market changed to Google Play, heh heh :)

Anyway, in Clockwork Recovery, do I wipe cache/dvalik and then install the kernel? I'm just making sure, cause I want to have as much stability as possible.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones