• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Whats the next big phone for big red?

To get the S3, which should be a great phone, or buy a cheap 4G phone to lock in on the unlimited 4G and buy the Razr HD outright later. Decisions..

The radio, build quality, and larger battery of Motorola phones is always very appealing compared to Samsung phones. The locked bootloader situation just seems blown way out of proportion. My current Droid X has a locked bootloader, but yet it can run CM9 and MIUI v4.. who needs a custom kernel when your battery life and phone speed are already top notch?

Upvote 0
Not waiting another 2 months at best for Maxx HD, going Galaxy III

Ditto, probably can't wait another 2 months if I want to keep my unlimited data. Crap. Not that the GSIII isn't going to be a great phone, I'm just concerned that the screen is going to be too big for me (I have smallish hands). Well, guess if it proves too big, I can return it within the 14 day window and get a GNex or something else.

Upvote 0
Ok, I'm appealing to someone who works at Motorola and has access to info/pix of the Maxx HD. Just post something.... anything.... annonomously(sp?) I'm dying of thirst here.

Seriously, it's been quite awhile since we've had any new info/rumors on this phone, the Maxx HD.... and I am dyin'. Well we all are, just at different rates. Haha!

I guess I'll live if you don't but I would appreciate something,

Upvote 0
Speculation... what is this do we think?

I don't think this is a tablet because Verizon has ended subsidized tablets and I cannot imagine that anyone will be buying their tablets straight from them anymore.

I mentioned in the comments as long as it doesn't carry the Rezound name and isn't a Note sized monstrosity I might hold off from the Incredible 4G for this.

Upvote 0
As far as I know, the next phones that we can expect in Big Red's lineup that are worth noting are the aforementioned RAZR HD and the LG Optimus Vu. Now the RAZR HD is likely to be similar to be quite similar to the Atrix HD, with perhaps a higher megapixel camera. Thing is, it should have come out a month and a half ago and is likely to be akin to the Bionic with the "nice option but too late to the game" tag.

The Optimus Vu I suppose is supposed to be the answer to the Note that we were supposed to get, but who'se ferver has quelled significantly. Thing is with the Note 2 already in the pipeline for AT&T, does anyone really care?

Considering we just got the Incredible 4G, I don't see another HTC coming anytime soon unless it's closer to the One X, but with some newer features.

Let's face it, the Galaxy S3 is not just the best option right now, but I think will continue to be for the foreseeable future. Reason this is my opinion is because it's actually bringing innovation that other manufacturers haven't considered and the phones that are confirmed in the pipeline have had zero mention of anything comparative.

Upvote 0
As far as I know, the next phones that we can expect in Big Red's lineup that are worth noting are the aforementioned RAZR HD and the LG Optimus Vu. Now the RAZR HD is likely to be similar to be quite similar to the Atrix HD, with perhaps a higher megapixel camera. Thing is, it should have come out a month and a half ago and is likely to be akin to the Bionic with the "nice option but too late to the game" tag.

The Optimus Vu I suppose is supposed to be the answer to the Note that we were supposed to get, but who'se ferver has quelled significantly. Thing is with the Note 2 already in the pipeline for AT&T, does anyone really care?

Considering we just got the Incredible 4G, I don't see another HTC coming anytime soon unless it's closer to the One X, but with some newer features.

Let's face it, the Galaxy S3 is not just the best option right now, but I think will continue to be for the foreseeable future. Reason this is my opinion is because it's actually bringing innovation that other manufacturers haven't considered and the phones that are confirmed in the pipeline have had zero mention of anything comparative.

THANKS! I pretty much knew this, but was afraid to make the assumptions in case i was missing something. Definitely reassuring to hear someone elses opinion match my own.

In that case, for lack of a better device in the next 6mo, ill probably end up on the SG3.

Ill hop over to the root forum to see how it looks over there, do you happen to know off hand? I usually love me some CM roms!! :)

Upvote 0
It's a good marketing scheme. Would you rather buy a Sammy with a 8 MP or the Moto with a 13 MP? 13 > 8. :rolleyes: ;) :p

I believe I would.

I honestly don't see how a 13MP camera is a good thing... That sensor is way too small to yield a quality image at that kind of resolution.

This is true, but like I said, either way it's not a deal breaker for me. Something that bothers me more is the non-replacable battery, but even this specification would not stop me from getting this phone.

I'm a pretty patient guy, (I bought my "X" on launch day so I've had it for over 2 years) so I'll wait for some additional specs to come out on the Razr HD before making any decision. However, that being said, I don't know of any spec that would be a deal breaker for me, except maybe making the phone available only in pink! :) But we'll see.

I'm just glad we're finally getting some pix and info on this phone, even if it's only leaks. I've been waiting a long time.

Just for anyone keeping track, I prefer the onscreen buttons rather than hard buttons, like on my "X". I'm hoping it's release with Jelly Bean but if it's ICS, so be it. I know JB will come, and like I said, I'm a patient guy.

Patiently/impatiently waiting for the release of the Razr HD. :smokingsomb:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones