1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Whats the next "SUPER APP" I should try?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by rsarno, Feb 12, 2011.

1. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish!

Gimme 1 app that you consider a "SUPER APP"

Its the app you use daily, has changed your entire experience on your phone, maybe it makes you daydream about the Transexual you almost went all the way (and regretfully went half the way) with back in college!

I need to find my next Super App

Last one i had was Launcher Pro

Advertisement

2. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

Doggcatcher, I work at a desk podcasts help my productivity.

Go launcher, my phone has issues with launcher pro.

Touchdown, corporate email on my phone

3. Stupifier

Stupifier Android Enthusiast

EventGhost.

Allows me to control literally any action or sequence on my computer with a shortcut. The perfect remote....love it. I probably have like 20 some EvenGhost shortcuts on various homescreens that do all sorts of stuff on my computer remotely.

4. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

Oh I completely forgot tasker and widget locker

5. amlothi

amlothi Android Expert

This sounds interesting, but the website for this software is way above my head. Can you give some examples and basics about what it does in laymen's terms?

6. DaWeav

DaWeav Android Enthusiast

Really only one answer, Tasker!

7. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish!

ive thought about it for a long time, just dont know what i would use it for

8. beer-in-box

beer-in-box Well-Known Member

If you have too much apps, it would be Go Launcher EX. You can create folders in the app drawer and organize your apps. It still has some way to go, though. But I am sure no harm will come from trying.
    If you have more than one devices you work on, your app is Dropbox. As a translator, it helps me a lot!
    And if you want to control your computer, Teamviewer is your next app.

Actually it is hard to choose one. But they are my super apps :)

9. PabloEscobar

PabloEscobar Well-Known Member

PicPush automatically uploads photos you take to online services such as flikr or picassa.

You can change the settings so picpush only scans certain folders for uploading and how often picpush uploads photographs.

Simply means I wont loose my photographs if i loose my phone!!!

10. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Android Expert

OK so I guess we're ALL just going to ignore the fact that he WANTED to do that transexual?

11. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?

Definitely Listables ;)

Or my next app that I'm working on but that's a big seekrit! Though I hope my beta will be out next week-ish

Serisouly though hmm...

I really like Gesture Search
    Astrid used to be great but they kept changing it until I didnt want to bother anymore.

Google Goggles is kinda awesome.
    KeepassDroid is fantastic
    Quick Profiles is simple and loverly
    IMdB is really nice

I dunno if I would call any of these killer though.

12. Stupifier

Here is an example of what I do:
    On my phone's Homescreen I have a shortcut. I press the shortcut. My computer pauses music playback, unpauses currently paused video and fullscreens it. I press the shortcut again. Video Pauses and leaves fullscreen, music unpauses. I use this when I take breaks in between watching a movie or go to the bathroom or something. Like a music intermission :)

What is going on in the background:
    There is an android App called EventGhost. There is also a PC application called EventGhost. You need both for this to work. The app on Android sends commands to the application on PC when you press a shortcut. EventGhost PC application than does whatever actions you set it up to do upon receiving a command from your phone.

Make sense?

You can pretty much set the PC EventGhost application to do any series of tasks/commands. I can't really go into explaining the full gory details on how to set everything up. Its not that difficult...but it does take a computer savvy person.

More random example of commands I have set up:
    -Rate currently playing song (1-5 stars)
    -Bookmark Currently playing song
    -Toggle subtitles in VLC media player
    -VLC Fullscreen
    -Start/Close Winamp
    -Start/Close uTorrent
    -Play Next Song
    -Vol Up
    -Vol Down

I understand there are plenty of Android apps out there that can perform these commands on your PC. Nobody wants to Open the App...Connect In....and Send the command though. I have all these commands available a single click away on my homescreen as individual shortcuts. No App opening or waiting for connection required. Once I setup my shortcuts...I never open EvenGhost app again. Even works over 3G very fast.

13. grvthang

grvthang Android Enthusiast

I nust discovered audiogalaxy two weeks ago and love it. It streams my entire itunes library to my phone. I've found no need for my ipod nano since I started using it.

14. ovdrumr

ovdrumr Lurker

best app on my Vibrant...

15. Stupifier

AudioGalaxy is a super app....big time. I gave my login information to my friends and they all listen to my music collection on their phones as well.

16. rosie314

rosie314 Newbie

Group items according to labels and create customizable folders and widgets
    Folder Organizer allows you to assign labels to apps, bookmarks, contacts and generic shortcuts in a easy way.

I would go crazy without this app. It works great with LauncherPro. (not that you need both)

17. hrbib21

hrbib21 Android Expert

Widgetlocker and Tweetdeck.

18. harshad

harshad Lurker

Although I have tried many droid apps. but when I need to communicate with my family I used "Tango Video Calls". A great app for iphone and androids...

19. Fiezta

Fiezta Well-Known Member

Ok, after reading all these nice comments on all these nice apps, I decided to downloaded few of them on my Nexus 1 and I have tried to learn how to use them with no luck...I am a rookie and I will appreciate if yall can help me or refer me to any links where I can learn how to use these apps properly and fully. These are few apps that I need help with and have no clue on how to use and get the maximum satisfaction everyone is talking about on them...any useful links or instructions on these will be greatly appreciated...these are the apps I need help with...Asterid Tasks, Launcherpro, Astro, Dropbox, Gmail Notifier, Home switcher.., , Mint.com, Wifi Analyzer, Wifi Manager

Thanks and God bless

20. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Android Expert

Of over a dozen uses. My favorite is to have it recognize when I am in the car, then read all received text messages out loud to me, and send an automatic response to the sender letting them know that I am driving and will get back to them later.

21. Dan-droid

Dan-droid Member

Another thumbs up for Audiogalaxy! Another benefit that I love is that I can log on from my work machine and listen to my music there, as well as on my phone!