• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's the weather like where you are?

For the first time since record-keeping began in 1877, February passed without hitting 70°. :eek:

Do note that that's based on the official weather station. However, we have many micro-climates (valleys, mountains, beaches) aside from the LA basin, each with its own temperature variations. For example, here in the San Gabriel Valley and across town in "The Valley" (home of Valley Girls), the San Fernando Valley, we're typically warmer.

So, yeah...brrrrrr....it's been a frosty, freezing winter!

Reactions: dontpanicbobby
Upvote 0
So, yeah...brrrrrr....it's been a frosty, freezing winter!

brrrrrrr.jpg

:p :p :p

Upvote 0
In February it was back-to-back nuisance storms that were pretty much warm fronts overriding arctic air. Starts as snow then gradually changes to sleet ice and finally rain then a couple of warm (above freezing) days before repeating. March has reversed the process. Cold air is pushing into warm moist air so we got about 6 inches of heavy wet snow followed by sub-freezing temps for the rest of the week.

Reactions: MoodyBlues
Upvote 0
Our glorious, desperately wanted onslaught of rain has set various records, and it just keeps coming.

As does the snow in our mountains--so much snow that several resorts have been forced to close on really bad days.

They're now saying that our local mountains have received so much snow, the ski/snowboard resorts will remain open until at least the 4th of July. So that vaunted entity, the "California Double," will be in full swing for many months. :D (That's where you go skiing/snowboarding up in the mountains, and then head to the beach to surf, all in the same day. Good times!)

Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0
That somehow seems unfair to your East Coast brethern @MoodyBlues

10° Fahrenheit. Sunny! :D
Hey, you're there by your own choice, right? :) Or did you get stuck there through circumstance, as I did with Dallas? :(

Anyway, we're always open! At least come for a visit. :D

Reactions: dontpanicbobby
Upvote 0
We're supposed to crack the freezing mark today for the first time in 5 days. Maybe some of that ice on my neighbor's sidewalk (who's in Florida and too damn cheap to hire anyone to shovel his walks when he's away :mad: ) will melt now.
A snowbird? Or just away for a few days?

Upvote 0
Windy... very windy. Yesterday saw sustained winds in the 35 mph range with gusts over 60 mph. It was a wicked wind from the South. Today the winds are again roaring but this time from the North. Crazy crazy crazy!
It's been very windy all over the place. On the news tonight they showed a big rig getting BLOWN OVER like a toy; I think that was in Amarillo. Looked terrifying.

Are you holding down the fort okay? No damage, I hope.

Upvote 0
It's been very windy all over the place. On the news tonight they showed a big rig getting BLOWN OVER like a toy; I think that was in Amarillo. Looked terrifying.

Are you holding down the fort okay? No damage, I hope.
No problems here at the ranch. I am concerned about my trailer I have parked down by my cabin. 28' Jayco sitting broad side to the wind. However, if it blew over yesterday, the North wind today may have set it back upright. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones