• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's the weather like where you are?

Nice and cool

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210917-194339.png
    Screenshot_20210917-194339.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 103
  • Screenshot_20210917-194339.png
    Screenshot_20210917-194339.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 103
  • Screenshot_20210917-194633.png
    Screenshot_20210917-194633.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 109
  • Screenshot_20210917-194633.png
    Screenshot_20210917-194633.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 102
Upvote 0
we are getting crazy weather here in sunny Southern California.........but it is not sunny. i must say the light show from the thunder and lightning has been spectacular.

unfortunately it looks like a lot a lightning has struck ground here in the city and i know for sure something caught on fire down below the hill i live on. i can see for miles and i saw lightning strike and i saw orange (which means something caught ablaze). the thunder from that strike was the loudest i have heard before in my life. it was so loud that it shook the house!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
The most strangest weather ever. We had rain, then sun again, then back with rain, even though the radar and app said's "Only a drizzle" like what is a drizzle, man you can see how liquidation is getting caught, I took a walk in the rain, oh my, I forgot to put on a heavier coat on.. So I was soaked. At least I was home most of the day.

Upvote 0
It's raining
It's pouring
@olbriar is snoring

:D

We're really get rain, like actual RAIN! My driveway has WATER on it.

One of the ski resorts, I think Snow Summit, announced last week that they're opening a month early due to storms that have come through and are expected. This is GREAT news, as snowfall in our mountains is actually a lot more important than rain down here. Snowpack is part of how they measure what kind of drought conditions we have. This is a VERY hopeful sign, especially since we're currently in one of our worst droughts ever. (It seems like only yesterday that the last drought was declared over.)

Upvote 0
It's raining
It's pouring
@olbriar is snoring

One of the ski resorts, I think Snow Summit, announced last week that they're opening a month early due to storms that have come through and are expected. This is GREAT news, as snowfall in our mountains is actually a lot more important than rain down here. Snowpack is part of how they measure what kind of drought conditions we have. This is a VERY hopeful sign, especially since we're currently in one of our worst droughts ever. (It seems like only yesterday that the last drought was declared over.)
actually for our water supply here in LA, we get water from up north mostly. so we need snow packs up in the Sierra's and not Big Bear Lake which i think is the largest water source that is close to LA.

don't get me wrong, we definitely could use the rain.

Reactions: MoodyBlues
Upvote 0
It's raining
It's pouring
@olbriar is snoring

Excellent! Your rain and snow must be due to my daughter leaving the valley this week.:) She tried to get married this time last year but postponed. Now it's on again. I hope I can get into the wedding clothes I purchased a year ago. :)

Weather here is dreary and in the upper forties. I had some rain over the weekend and haven't seen the sun since Saturday. Rain is in the forecast again for Wednesday but it is supposed to be warming throughout the week and a sunny day for the big gig.

Upvote 0
actually for our water supply here in LA, we get water from up north mostly. so we need snow packs up in the Sierra's and not Big Bear Lake which i think is the largest water source that is close to LA.
Yeah, I know, I just didn't feel like going into all that detail. It's up the Sierras where they take the snowpack readings and figure out where we are for the year.

don't get me wrong, we definitely could use the rain.
Absolutely! I may snap some pictures before it's too late! :D

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Yeah, I know, I just didn't feel like going into all that detail. It's up the Sierras where they take the snowpack readings and figure out where we are for the year.

Absolutely! I may snap some pictures before it's too late! :D
may favorite so far was a few weeks ago when we were hit with the lightning storm.....we still got rain from that as well. i just love the sound of rain along with the thunder!

Upvote 0
may favorite so far was a few weeks ago when we were hit with the lightning storm.....we still got rain from that as well. i just love the sound of rain along with the thunder!
You know, I *used* to love it, too. But after living in Tornado Alley for years, ugh... it took all the fun out of it.

When my husband and I lived in Florida, it would rain gently every day, and [being young and silly] we'd go out for a long walk in it. There was a fresh produce stand several blocks away and we'd walk there, load up on the SWEETEST onions I've ever had, plus a bunch of other stuff, then walk home. We'd be soaked, but happy. And the onion rings were to die for!

Dallas, AKA Tornado Alley, was a whole other story. Every spring brought monsoonal rain. This was so predictable--I'd plant a ton of flower seeds in my flower beds, and the next day we'd get torrential rain and lose half of them. :rolleyes: I'd try to outsmart it, waiting or doing it sooner than usual, but it always got me! We used to refer to our backyard as our lake--it would get, and stay, underwater for weeks at a time. And with two Great Danes traipsing in and out, you can probably imagine the mud we had to deal with. We kept a big bin of clean towels by the back door. Even though they both LOVED water--like swimming, splashing in their pool, being bathed in the bathtubs--they acted like water coming out of the SKY was bad. :eek: They'd grudgingly go out to potty--sometimes it would take standing outside on the patio and PULLING each one out (and they were 178 and 182 pounds), then standing there in the rain yelling "GO POTTY! GO POTTY ALREADY, DAMN IT!!!!" They'd get done as fast as possible, then we'd go in, keep them in the area right by the door (which I'd had ceramic tile replace the original carpet), and wipe them down. Talk about mud! *SMH*

Now, on the rare occasions when we hear thunder, Joy Noelle looks up at me quizzically. :thinking: Then I tell her, no, we did not move back to Carrollton! :D

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
In a word... FALL. I received almost two inches of rain Tuesday evening trough Wednesday. Temps have dropped accompanied by gusty winds. There is a frost warning for my are tonight with lows forecasted to be in the mid thirties most of next week. It's that time of year so there is no surprise... just a growing sadness. I truly dislike the bleak and cold that winter brings.

Upvote 0
More recently, I have been living in Calgary. This city is regularly on the list of the cleanest cities in the world. With the weather right now, the average daytime weather is a little over 0 degrees. It's not snowing yet, but it's already chilly. I have long been choosing a city that would be good for me to live in, and immigration consultant edmonton helped me with my choice. If you are interested in immigrating to Canada, it is easy to do, because people come here from all over the world, speak two and hundreds of official languages, practice different religions, and represent many cultures. Multiculturalism is at the heart of Canada's heritage and identity,
Sounds great....well, except for that 0 degree "chilly" thing. I lived in Dallas where winter temperatures dropped to 0 or below, and it was miserable--for this California girl! I've heard such great things about Canada, but I just simply could not live there. Maybe have a summer house on a lake or something, but not year-round!

Upvote 0
Darn where is my luggage, I am moving down there :)
Bring millions of dollars so you can buy a closet-sized house to live in!! :eek:

Other than housing prices, life is awesome here. Surf 365 days a year, pull a 'California double' in the winter--that's when you go up in the mountains to ski/snowboard and then drive to the beach to surf--pick fruit from your own trees, hang out outside all the time. No complaints from me! Especially having lived elsewhere--several elsewheres--so I have something to compare it to. Even Florida, with its KIND OF similar weather couldn't compare. (The HUMIDITY there was unbelievable!)

Reactions: Milo Williamson
Upvote 0
Bring millions of dollars so you can buy a closet-sized house to live in!! :eek:

Other than housing prices, life is awesome here. Surf 365 days a year, pull a 'California double' in the winter--that's when you go up in the mountains to ski/snowboard and then drive to the beach to surf--pick fruit from your own trees, hang out outside all the time. No complaints from me! Especially having lived elsewhere--several elsewheres--so I have something to compare it to. Even Florida, with its KIND OF similar weather couldn't compare. (The HUMIDITY there was unbelievable!)
:: blows you a kiss::: aww my lovely sister.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones