• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's the weather like where you are?

Taken at 5:30 last night.... December? Hello?? *sigh*

temperature_113021.png

Upvote 0
The high today was 56° with little to zero wind. It was mostly cloudy so it seemed cold and gloomy. It's currently 42° with temps dipping into the mid twenties by tomorrow morning. Highs tomorrow to be in the upper thirties with a NNW wind. The positive is the temps are to gradually rise all next week with a high of 68° forecasted for Christmas day. No white Christmas around these parts this year.

Upvote 0
61°F and thunderstorms here at daybreak. The forecast high today is 67° with rain (lucky me I get to drive 2 hours round trip to pick up the former tax deduction son, who's flying in during this mess). Tomorrow will be cloudy with a forecast high of only 45°!

Welcome to Tennessee, where we go through all four seasons twice a day....

Upvote 0
We were blessed with some actual, real rain a few days ago. I stood at the patio door just watching and listening to it. It wasn't a torrential downfall, like in Dallas, just a soft, gentle, steady rain that went on all day and gave the ground a nice, deep soaking.

The local TV weather folks called that one, and now they're saying we're in for more, later on this week. I hope they're right again!

Oh, last night I got to hear my cousin--a fellow native Angeleno, who's never lived anywhere that actually gets cold--bitch about HOW COLD it's been! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
It's 33° now but was in the low fifties this afternoon. That's the way of my current weather. I finished up my Christmas shopping today but tomorrow I might have to hit the golf course. It's simply unreal to have weather like this in late December. I must take advantage of it for I have a suspicion that January will be frigid.

Upvote 0
Break out the parkas!! The gloves, scarves, hats, earmuffs, the whole works!! Just LOOK at these freezing temperatures in SoCal! :eek:

Screenshot_20211224_100306.png

My fellow native Angelenos are bitching in disbelief about how *COLD* it is. :rolleyes:

And look--more rain! It rained all day again yesterday, and it's been gently raining all morning today. The snow up in the local mountains has been so plentiful that some of the roads had to be closed. If you're even THINKING about heading up into the mountains, be sure you have chains and know how to use them--on the roads that are open, you'll be turned away if you're not equipped with chains (or at least 4WD, I think).

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
Look no further than Kansas to find your warm Cal. warmth. It's currently 72° and rising. If I've experienced a warmer Christmas eve I've forgotten about it.
Crazy, right?!

If we're still experiencing these downright Arctic-like temperatures on New Year's Day, watch the Rose Parade and look for spectators bundled up from head to toe. Those are the natives. The ones in sleeveless shirts, shorts, and flip-flops are tourists. :D

Reactions: ocnbrze and olbriar
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones