• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's the weather like where you are?

I heard about your epic rain @shalemail ... wow. Seven inches in an hour or so... mercy! I hope you stayed safe.

My house is in a wonderful place. We are on high ground in the first place, the closest creeks and rivers are over a mile from my door and we are on substantially higher elevation. Add to that when I re-did the foundation in 2013 we re-graded the entire property. We also had new 6.5 inch gutters installed in 2014 with the new roof. Water is not a great worry of mine.

But thanks for thinking of me. I am praying for those that lost businesses, homes, cars ... it was a crazy 24 hours around KC.

Upvote 0
Screenshot_2017-07-28-12-47-26-12.png

Upvote 0
It was 106 here in the high desert. It's stupid hot outside, but I was sitting in front of a terminal all day, freezing my butt off because the industrial AC was blowing right on me. I was wearing a sweatjacket and shivering! Until I went outside--90 seconds and I was ready to go back inside.

Upvote 0
It reached a high of 91 today but quickly fell to 64 then it raised again to 84 and it's now cooling off.. it's 77. Have you ever felt like you were on the end of a string attached to some master being that just slung you down and you are rotating like crazy and then with a little jerk of his wrist you return to his hand only to have the process repeated?

Upvote 0
How's the weather?
1024x1024.jpg
13618861_vtf.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

More flooding from Monday night into Tuesday morning, really bad this time, historic high water marks. A farm that had not been flooded in over 35 years had water 8 feet high in the lower level and the basement was still completely full (to the rafters) of water at mid-day yesterday some 8+ hours after the rain stopped.

Unseasonably beautiful in the aftermath. A week of upper 70's to mid 80's. Mornings around 55-60. Perfect.

Oh and we got to see "most" of the eclipse, we were running from clouds all day, did see some good stuff though.

20914391_10101019377980772_473260633471475199_n.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones