1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

What's the worst pain you've ever experienced?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Sak01, Jul 9, 2011.

1. the7nd

the7nd Member
    None

I was in Colorado and it was my first time mountain biking. I started off down the mountain and I was going so fast I lost all sense of awareness. I couldn't think to hit my brakes or swerve to cut down speed. I ended up taking the bike sideways and rolling 20 feet on a bunch of dirt. The initial pain wasn't so bad but I am pretty sure I bruised my internal organs which was a bitch for the next week.

Advertisement

2. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert
    None

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver, Canada
    While playing hockey (on ice), some guy fell on my while I was in mid stride. His weight on top of me ended up causing me to do the splits with my right leg fully in the pike position and left leg behind me. The damage was to my right hamstring. The pain was so bad, that it was the only sports injury I have ever had where I could not get off the playing surface under my own strength.

TheGoatLantern likes this.
  3. MassacrMan

MassacrMan Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 31, 2010
    When I was 14, I was at a birthday party. Most of the kids went outside and headed for the trampoline. So, I took off my shoes and only wearing my socks ran across their wooden porch in the backyard towards the kids. About 3 seconds later my strides started to feel really awkward so I stopped and looked at my feet.

Protruding from the underside of my left foot was a large piece of wood 2 inches wide and about 7 inches long. Somehow while running I had caught a chunk of wood hanging out of their porch and stepped directly onto it.

I had to hop inside and sit down, they then proceeded to try to pull the piece of wood out of my foot. Unfortunately the piece of wood was about and inch and a half to two inches inside my foot. They had to tug on it for over 20 minutes before it came out, the pain was incredible and I nearly cried.

There were not splinters stuck inside the gaping hole in my foot surprisingly, it took a while to heal and now some nerves in my foot are screwed up I think. Often when I'm watching I'll feel some pretty intense pain coming from the inner area of my left foot.

4. shutterpoet

shutterpoet Member
    None

Mar 21, 2011
    Keeping up with my 11yr old son.
    Tucson, AZ still Wild Wild West
    Been stabbed, burned & broken- worse pain is missing someone gone whether lost love or death. Hurt that doesn't go away. Time is a slow healer.

Abdur and 330D like this.
  5. MassacrMan

MassacrMan Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 31, 2010
    Man, I totally agree. I'm still feeling it from being left last August.

6. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands
    None

Mar 4, 2010
    operator
    upstate NY
    Quoted for troof!

7. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to.
    None

Jan 11, 2010
    Truck driver/ driver mentor. I train people to dri
    Georgia
    Kidney stone. Hurt like hell!!

8. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery
    None

Jan 20, 2010
    Where the Sakura grows

Nick would agree with you on that one!

9. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to.
    None

Jan 11, 2010
    Truck driver/ driver mentor. I train people to dri
    Georgia
    Yeah, they say it was caused from drinking alot of milk. And I thought drinking milk was good for you.

10. chimphappyhour

chimphappyhour Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 5, 2010
    KCMO
    Dang! I practiced sports medicine, coached and taught for quite a few years and have sat up day and night with some of my athletes and know for a fact that some of you have gone through some pretty crazy pain. I've been pretty lucky as I've never broken anything in all of my years climbing and doing martial arts.

The worst I've done is take an adze to my forehead while ice climbing when my tool stack popped then landing on my back on a frozen stream 12 feet below. Got up with a good start on a unicorn horn and almost ruined my shorts because I thought I was going through the ice with a gusher through my forehead. (Facial injuries will tend to bleed out to avoid infection, a bit like a positive pressure anti-dust room.) A quick trip over to the ice fall with my forehead mitigated all of that. Can't say it was all that painful though.

I've taken ice to the face and groin, kicks to the head from other top level martial artists, failed a demo break or two involving bricks and boards, surgically removed glass out of my own foot... I don't think any of that rates anywhere near as bad as what some of y'all have done. Especially those stones! That sounds horrendous!

11. Chaos2219

Chaos2219 Lurker
    None

Aug 5, 2011
    Appling for paper boy
    Well for me I was on the way to me mates place but we stopped at a supermarket i slammed the car door on my thumb blood was everywhere and i could peel my thumbnail all the way down to touch the skin.

12. Hakosuka

Hakosuka Newbie
    None

Jul 23, 2011
    She-Cah-Go
    Worst pain....would have to be when I got hit by a Dodge Ram back on May 31 of this year, broke my femur horribly. It didnt hurt at the spot, but when I tried to move my leg it felt like jello.

[​IMG]

Went through surgery the same day, and they put a rod, some plates and some screws.
    Worst pain ever, but they wanted me doing therapy the next day! Now that was painful.

13. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery
    None

Jan 20, 2010
    Where the Sakura grows
    Well are you heal now mate? :)

14. OstrichSaK

OstrichSaK Android Expert
    None

Nov 22, 2009
    Colorado, USA
    Don't take this the wrong way but I wouldn't call that a horribly broken femur. That's a pretty clean break and just a single one at that. I'm sure it hurt like hell none-the-less but it could be MUCH worse. To me a horribly broken bone would be several fractures that are displaced up and down the bone. Now THAT is a horribly broken bone. :D

Edit: I would probably mark out your birthday along with your name if that were my x-ray.

15. RubiconDude

RubiconDude Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 10, 2011
    Chief Bottlewasher
    Isle of Wight, UK
    Nintendo's lot check.

16. Hakosuka

Hakosuka Newbie
    None

Jul 23, 2011
    She-Cah-Go
    I dont mind my bday being shown, its all good.
    And im healed now, still walk with a limp though.

17. smudger2005

smudger2005 Newbie
    None

Jun 23, 2011
    had the same but... when they removed the "packing" it was stuck in the deep wound so a "little tug" from the nurse sorted it. being on gas and air plus morphine it wasn't that bad until the nurse put this new packing in, it was a seaweed compond based thing that was like a foam when set. she put her gloves on and stirred it in a bowl then poured it in. thats when the pain hit, the cow didn't read the instructions it said leave to stand for 5 mins. it created a chemical reaction and the heat in an open wound was quite bad. she was very apologetic after...

18. sethman88

sethman88 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 1, 2011
    student
    Abingdon VA
    one of the worst pains I ever had was in 6th grade I was playing dodgeball in gym class and I threw a ball and somehow my arm in the upper half of my bicep area the bone snapped in two, it was awful I remember just getting up and walking to the nurse and then to the car to go to the hospital, my nerves were shocked and it felt like I was being stung by a million bee's at one time, and another really bad pain was when I was playing baseball, for my high school, and I was playing first base and I went to scoop a ball thrown by the shortstop it hit the lip of the grass and bounced up and hit me right above the eye next to my eye browe and I had to get 6 stitches

19. Doit2it

Doit2it Android Expert
    None

Oct 23, 2009
    Male
    FedEx... yea, those guys
    Nashville, TN
    Sitting on the step to a raised front deck on a fish and ski boat. The driver hit a wake and I flew up and slammed my tailbone down on the edge of the step. The next morning I couldn't stand up. I had to sleep on the couch (bed was to tall) and roll off and crawl around my apartment. Missed a week of work. The constant pain and inability to stand because of it is unforgettable.

20. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest
    None
    One was while in the Air Force we was hanging the engine cowling on a bomber that just got done with an engine run that lasted 8hrs at 100% throttle. As we was hanging the upper first I told the guy make sure not to push the cowling up as he will pin me to the exhaust cone of the engine. well as we leaned over the engine he touched a hot part of the engine and well he pinned me to the exhaust cone and my arm sizzled like bacon and was there for a good minute as I was screaming at him.

I told him I was giving he a 30 seconds to start running. Went to the hospital and the dr said I had first second and third degree burns all rolled in to one lol.

21. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie
    None

Nov 4, 2009
    Sales
    The Sea of Tranquility
    Gout!!!!! And this comes from someone who has broken bones, been cut up badly, suffers the occasional migraine etc. A major flare up is painful beyond description.

22. dogbertus

dogbertus Member
    None

Nov 10, 2011
    Cleveland, OH
    Spilled boiling water on myself, and that was pretty bad. Blisters like you wouldn't believe. I also almost got shot in the leg once, if that counts for anything. Just two inches to the left, and I could've had a really good story.

23. 2acclaim

2acclaim Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 2, 2010
    broken ribs, only hurt when i'd breath(5th worst)
    toothaches(4th worst)
    lower back strain(3rd worst)
    earaches(2nd worst)

worst pain ever?

I've experienced this twice is a scratched cornea. 1st time was done by my son who was around 14months at the time. We were playing and he got me in eye with his fingernail, stopped me in my tracks.

Tried to suck it up and sleep, I did for a few hours. Problem is when it heals, it heals to the back of your eyelid. When you open your eye it 'rips again' repeating the process.

Had to put a gel in my eye a few times a day to keep it from rubbing while it healed. It was a non stop pain. I guess cornea's are very sensitive.

2nd time was a piece of wire that broke and got in my eye and tore it up again.