• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's up android community

*Hi, my name is James, and I'm a recovering iPhoneaholic. I last used the iphone 4 days ago.*

Just migrated from 3 painful iphone generations. From 1st gen iphone, up to the most recent 3Gs. I am proud to say that I cut the umbilical cord and moved on to a real phone. I terminated my contract with ATT and went over to Sprint for the Evo. Happy so far, there are minor annoyances I have with it, but the pros seem to outweigh the cons so far. My annoyances at this time are:

-Mandatory home page on browser load. Why can't is just be blank?
-Sprint's 3G speed isn't all that great, but I am in a great 4G market (Seattle)
-Battery life could definitely be better
-I miss some of my frequently used apps that don't have any decent replacement on the Android Market. Most significantly a full featured google analytics app. I assumed that being a mobile OS from Google, the phone would have unbarred access to Google's Analytics API. But I can't find an app that can show content reports, ecomm, custom reports, detailed traffic source info, etc.... I'd gladly pay a decent sum for such an app.
-Can only sync g-cal of primary gmail account?? I mean, I got around it by sharing the calendar, but seriously?

May sound like I'm b**tchin', but I do really like the phone, and the Android platform, and it is highly likely that I just haven't discovered the solutions to the above gripes. I look forward to 2.2 when HTC releases it.

Anyhow, nice to meet everyone :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones