1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What's up with answering calls???

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ken7, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Ken7

Ken7 Android Expert

Both my friend and I have the same issue with the S5 and I'm on AT&T and he's on Verizon. The phone rings, you swipe the screen to answer, and more often than not the first, second or, sometimes, even third swipe doesn't do it.

He told me this morning, he missed 2 calls just trying to answer. Hopefully Samsung addresses this issue, it's pretty serious.

Advertisement

2. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

I don't trust the screen swipe,

I just programmed the Center Menu Button to answer the phone.

I had a thought to also use the Power Button, but that turned out to be bad, because I use a Bluetooth headset normally and I want the screen to go black immediately, so I hit the Power Button to black out the screen and "poof" hung up my call. Undid that checkmark quick.

Other than the screen swipe, I have been using the picture of the phone to answer, but that is too hard to find when you are in a hurry. I like center Menu Button better.

3. Ken7

Ken7 Android Expert

I wound up using the Home button and that works well.

4. bakmec

bakmec Newbie

Had same problem man, what I noticed was if you swipe just a little higher on the "green" flashing/moving circle to answer calls it will work, just thinking they got the placement of the call answer function/button touchscreen swipe thingy placed/coded wrong , at least that's what I'm experiencing

5. moofy

moofy Newbie

I am having the same problem. I keep having to call people back.
    Will try the 'little higher' trick next time.

6. victek

victek Android Enthusiast

I noticed this on my S5 too (Verizon). A regular swipe doesn't work. I push into the center of the answer dot and then drag to the right. That works consistently but it took a few tries to get it right.

7. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

Drag to the right?

Hmmm, I just been touching and releasing the dot which seems to work, just not every time.

I then programmed the Home button to answer the phone, that works every time.

8. victek

victek Android Enthusiast

Yes, there's a dot in the center and an outer ring - I touch the center, drag to the outer ring and it answers.

How did you program the Home button to answer? I might give that a try.

Edit: Just found the options for answering the phone in:

Settings/Accessibility/Answering and Ending Calls

9. fdnj48

fdnj48 Android Enthusiast

I noticed this too. I thought it was just me

10. axel_2078

axel_2078 Android Enthusiast

Same here. I missed a couple calls when I first got the phone because of this. The trick seems to be to hold the answer button down until the green circle around it enlarges completely and then drag to the right.

mcm180 likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews