• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Whats up with my battery life

jacobb89

Lurker
Jan 5, 2011
So my battery life is horrible im getting like 7-9 hours max with extended battery brightness is all the way down no bluetooth,no wifi,no gps and 3g only.

Here a pic

Screenshot_2011-12-21-18-34-35.png

so whats up with that?

Either it's something you're doing, or there's something wrong with your phone. I usually make it about 11-12 hours before mine hits ~20%. Thats with the extended battery, at 50% brightness, mostly 3g but some 4g if i'm downloading stuff, playing music, some browsing, and a fair amount of gaming. I'll try to get a screenshot up after the end of the day to show what my battery page shows.

Upvote 0
I always see Android OS as the top consumer. I am lucky to see a full day with basically no use. I just got the big battery today and I think I had verified Facebook was a big problem, but interestingly Android OS was the top consumer then too. I have never seen Facebook even appear on the list, but deleting it boosts battery life massively. My phone says it has been on battery 11 hours after 2 battery pulls and replacing with the partly charged big battery. What gives with that? What resets the timer on that number?

Upvote 0
For the last 2 days I have been experimenting with batteries. It appears as though the worst thing you can do is switch the 1850/2100 in directly for the other.

I killed the 1850, put in my 2100 and it said the 2100 was gone before i knew it. Yet when I restarted after some time there was 47% battery life.'

It appears as though when you change it the phone knows a 2100 battery is in, yet the warnings, and system do not compensate for the changes in their calculations.

I also noticed it helps to take the microSIM out to ensure a total restart.

For 24 hours I've used the 2100 and my second charge seemed to do the trick. I'm sticking with the larger battery now and will report if anything changes.

Upvote 0
I have had issues with the battery. Switching from the 1850 to 2100 I see how there could be issues, so now for the last 3 days I have only been using the 2100.

Despite many restarts, full charges and full kills the battery is still acting up.

It dies at 1% each time, yet when I plug it in it is around 40-47%.

It has to be a software issue as clearly the battery didn't charge from 1 to 47% in 2 seconds. And yes, it is charged, as I can unplug after quickly plugging it in and it will hold that 47%.

It also did this with the 1850 when I used that. I thought it may have been from switching back and forth between batteries but it doesn't look like that issue has been solved either

sux.

Upvote 0
So i factory reset my vsgn and have kept only the 2100 battery in. With heavy use( 1080p video and 2 downloads on mixed 3g/4g i have gotten great battery life.

My suggestion to those with 2 different milamp batteries is dont swap them. I know u wanted an extra battery for a reason but there clearly is a spftware flaw when switching
The 2100 is in for me sinve restart and its much better now.

Upvote 0
about OLED display, it drains more battery than LCD when its on white color(like 3x~4x more).
so usually websurfing drains battery fast since most websites use white background. (battery only last like 5hr if u do websurfing)
so i put my background image to black (brightness to auto) and it incrased battery life for me.

also its better to avoid blueish background.. bllue subpixel's life span is short, its main reason why they made it pentile. (to make blue subpixel larger)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones