1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What's up with School Wifi?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CornSnake, Oct 8, 2014.

1. CornSnake

CornSnake Lurker

So my school has a guest and student wifi network, and the guest is unsecured and filtered at an elementary school level, so I naturally try to connect to the student wifi which is much less heavily filtered. It authenticates, then just says "saved". It doesn't connect on any of my friend's android phones.

Everyone at our school has their own username and password you use to connect to the wifi and also log on to the computers. Anyways, on my phone, there is an identity blank (assuming username), an Anonymous Identity blank (what is this?), and finally a password.

I tried contacting the school's tech department and they won't fix it. Is there anything I'm doing wrong? How can I connect?

So the guest wifi is so heavily filtered, even search engines don't work. Google Chrome won't connect because Google isn't HTTPS which is weird.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Welcome to the forums! :)

My college campus is set up the same way. Theres a guest network thats unsecure, and a secure network for students/faculty/staff.

The anonymous ID isnt needed, and the username and password are usually the same that you would use to login to the schools website.

GuitarG20 and BRAINZ2013 like this.
  3. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Extreme Android User

Hello and welcome to the forums. The school WiFi would be secure with WPA and WPA 2 but if yours doesn't . hey try to log in if unsecured when it say Connected reboot your device and you should have a channel.now settings is nothing you or anyone can change. That is done from the person who pay the billz

4. bigt

bigt Android Enthusiast

You don't need wifi at school, you should be learning stuff

THAT_PHONE_GUY likes this.
  5. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

But how do we download the PowerPoint slides to learn the things? ;):D

6. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

You might need to put in a domain before you user name... My school required "UMC-USERS\<username>" in the identity box and my password in the password box in order to use the WiFi.

Nexus 5 Forum

The Nexus 5 release date was November 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.95" screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon 800 processor, 2300mAh battery, and 2GB storage.

November 2013
Release Date
Reviews