• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's up with the ERIS banner ad?

jtpryan

Dec 7, 2009
There is a banner ad on all the site pages touting an ERIS for either $0 or $29 from Verizon for either new or existing customers. I am an existing customer but the only way to take advantage of the offer is with a plan. Why would an existing customer need a plan if they already have one? Is this offer bogus?

I already looked into gettin one from Verizon under my 2 year plan and was told $99.

-Jim

There is a banner ad on all the site pages touting an ERIS for either $0 or $29 from Verizon for either new or existing customers. I am an existing customer but the only way to take advantage of the offer is with a plan. Why would an existing customer need a plan if they already have one? Is this offer bogus?

I already looked into gettin one from Verizon under my 2 year plan and was told $99.

-Jim

Bait and switch? Dunno. Typical carriers...they treat new customers better than existing.

Upvote 0
Hi I just went into the store and said that I had purchased my Droid the previous week and wanted a free one for my husband. They said okay. I told them that I had called Verizon about early upgrades because my Palm had died and they said I could upgrade in December instead of waiting until February and therefore I assumed that would apply to my husband as well. Then a manager came over and grumbled a bit about not seeing any notes in the system about this, but she plugged in a code anyway and gave it to us. The way I figure it, they just got 4 people signed up for another two years (we have four lines in my family). And now 3 of us have data plans instead of 1 (my daughter got a Blackberry Curve two weeks ago because her phone died). I asked if they had a family data plan and they said no. I called in about this as well, but no luck. So unfortunatley we are now paying $90 per month just for data! Our cell phone bill is about $320 per month which is insane for a family. But whatever, gotta have the toys right?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones