1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What's with the aggressive, ignorant of time, alarm voice on the Note 10?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bodestone, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Bodestone

Bodestone Android Enthusiast

On the 8 there was an opt in only option to read the time. when the alarm sounded. You could not choose a voice localle, it was always the annoying American voice but at least it would say "Six Thirty" or "Seven Fifrty Five"

On the 10 It is the default and pipes up, louder than ever "IT IS EIGHT COLON FORTY!"

Yes, none of us like the time read out on alarms and just turn it off but what the blithrering barneys is going on in the alarm software where the text to speach routine can no longer recognise text in a time format?

Reading the fecking colon as the word colon while specifcally dictating the time? Are you kidding me?

It's Samsung's new ADAS: Artificially Dum As [Something excluded from this Acronym]

#1 Bodestone, Jul 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
    ocnbrze and Hadron like this.
  2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

That is moronic. Is Bixby involved in this?

MrJavi and The_Chief like this.
  3. today

today Android Expert

Colonoscopy needed?

4. Bodestone

So, for all my alarms Bixby is not set but on some Bixby reads out the time very badly. Ihave seen no dofference in alarm settings for thos it does and does not

5. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

Makes me wonder if there's something toggled in the Accessibility settings. My Note 10+ doesn't rattle off the time like that. Check those to see if something is set. And yes: this sounds a lot like Bixby is involved...

MrJavi likes this.
  6. Bodestone

Never found any settings for it but created a new alarm to test recently and seems to have stopped after the August update.

#6 Bodestone, Aug 16, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
    marctronixx likes this.

Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 10 release date was August 2019. Features and Specs include a 6.3" inch screen, 12MP camera, 8GB RAM, Exynos 9825 processor, and 3500mAh battery.

August 2019
Release Date
Reviews