1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

whats with the Atrix elitism???

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AndreaCristiano, Jan 29, 2011.

1. AndreaCristiano

None

Dec 12, 2010
    NJ
    Ok I'm gonna come out and say this first, the Atrix is a mega phone with alot of buzz. What i don't get it why every person who is buying the Atrix has this elite attitude all of a sudden like they are iSnobs??? There are people on here who dislike somethings about the atrix or have decided that they want to go a different direction for their next phone and the Atrix crowd seems to jump on them or talk down to them. When did this happen? Last time i checked this forum was for discussing ones opinions and the freedom to have differing ones was part of not only this great forum but our great country! Can you guys get off your dual core high horse and listen to the others? Alot of inspire people and some infuse people have been echoing the feeling that this forum is becoming unwelcoming and left out for them and thats just not cool. So please be mindful of peoples opinions

Advertisement

2. skinien

skinien Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 23, 2010
    I haven't been on this forum enough to really notice this. But, I can tell you that a phone with hardware like the Inspire CAN run smoother/better than a phone with hardware like the Atrix. It depends on how well (or bad) HTC and Motorola write their software.

3. atlbuc

atlbuc Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 29, 2009
    Network Admin
    Atlanta, GA
    There has never really been hardware like the Atrix so we don't really know. That being said any phone can be made to run smoother than the next phone.

4. Carbontech

Carbontech Lurker
    None

Jul 31, 2010
    La.
    I have been lurking in the Atrix threads since they started.I think we all know that PEOPLE LIKE US get very excited about anything tech.I have seen you argue your opinion of Inspire just as hard.We are all entitled to our opinions and are free to state them openly in great forums such as this one that is what makes this country great.I don't understand what makes your opinion MORE Right.

5. atlbuc

None

Oct 29, 2009
    Network Admin
    Atlanta, GA
    I don't think there is any elitism going on. You and others have expressed your likes and dislikes for the Atrix and myself and others have expressed our likes and dislikes for the Inspire, that is what the Atrix vs Inspire thread is about. I haven't seen any body look down on you or others because of your opinions on this topic. I think its healthy and fun discussion, don't take it personal cause I sure don't. I'm going to buy whatever phone I want regardless

6. tylerdurdin

tylerdurdin Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 28, 2010
    New York
    I understand where your coming from but the atrix is elite compared to every other phone. Whether I have a device or not, I just appreciate technology, in 6 months the atrix will just be another phone but for right now, its the new hotness. Whether this forum allows it or not every phone on here can lead to a battle of best. Like Evo guys are ever going to say their phone ain't the best, or that HTC does not make the best phone. It is a little childish but, for some a cellphone is on the same plane as a Mercedes.

7. AndreaCristiano

None

Dec 12, 2010
    NJ

I never ever stated that my opinion was more right. EVER! !! I also never dismiss peoples opinions or point of view

I wasn't talking about you bring

Bro lol thats what I meant. Also I meant in general not singling anyone out

That's my point its a little childish

8. solidkevin

solidkevin Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 30, 2009
    I dont think theres any eliteism going on here, just opinions, I know you pick the inspire over atrix as it has things you wont use, and while in the same boat, I ultimatly decided for the atrix as it has everything I want and need plus more, and even if it has things I dont use it wont hurt to have them, with the atrix I"ll have a complete phone, I think people argue more with you when you say the dual cores are useless which is not correct, they will be put to work and the phone as well as many games will benefit and who knows what devs can do with those dual cores, better to just have it as you never know what the future might bring.

9. atlbuc

None

Oct 29, 2009
    Network Admin
    Atlanta, GA
    Not saying you singled me out, its just I know we have been going back and forth on the issue. So what will you do, buy the Atrix 1st and try it for 10 days then take it back and get the Inspire and try it for 10 days or vice versa. I know you said your thinking of trying both out

10. AndreaCristiano

None

Dec 12, 2010
    NJ

I have never said the dual cores are useless i have stated that android is optimized for single core and.unless your using the laptop dock or nvidia games graphic intensive as they will be then the dual core.wont.be needed. I have never stated that it was useless.

11. atlbuc

None

Oct 29, 2009
    Network Admin
    Atlanta, GA
    Thats the beauty of an open OS, manufactures can optimize it further to fit what they are trying to accomplish. Don't think an HTC phone wont need to optimized to run Sense.

12. binaryhellstorm

binaryhellstorm Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 12, 2010
    IT
    New York
    I think that everyone is just a little on edge. We all want this phone to be so bloody awesome, and we all want it to get released ASAP. We all want to get our hands on this phone so bad we can taste it.
    But, the fact is that we don't know for sure that its going to be awesome (please be awesome, please be awesome). We just need to wait and see, maybe it will be so cool that it gives your frostbite and maybe it will be a flop, we just don't know for sure yet. We have all seen the demos and promo video, but no one has had a 100% final release version in their hands. Only time will tell how good/bad this phone will be.

13. solidkevin

solidkevin Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 30, 2009
    Also andrea you have youunderstand that this is the internet, there are always gonna be people like this, just the way it is.

14. AndreaCristiano

None

Dec 12, 2010
    NJ

Yes I guess your right

15. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    NYU Student & Real Estate Agent
    Manhattan, NY
    I haven't really noticed any "elitism" in this subforum from my 1 day of being on here. I think it's just people arguing over which phone they feel is better for themselves. I see that a LOT of an Apple forum (I don't troll there). You're always going to get this when a new, really powerful phone comes out. It happened with Droid vs. Droid Incredible, Droid Incredible vs. EVO, EVO vs. Droid X, everyone else vs. Samsung Galaxy S... and so forth.

sanchez1980us and jroc like this.
  16. ROCer

ROCer Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 20, 2011
    Electrical Technician
    Upstate NY
    Maybe we need a group hug or something.

17. DT

DT Android Expert
    None

Jul 23, 2010
    Owner, Senior Software Architect, V2N
    Vilano Beach, FL
    Hahaha!

Yeah, I think putting any cycles into sweating over this doesn't seem like a good use of time and energy. It's just a phone, people think it has impressive specifications and will be an effective mobile device. I don't understand the drama[?]

18. Carbontech

Carbontech Lurker
    None

Jul 31, 2010
    La.
    I don't mean any disrespect,but why would you start a thread and call people "iSnobs" if your not dismissing the opinion they have.

19. AndreaCristiano

None

Dec 12, 2010
    NJ

dude I didnt call anyone isnobs

20. Carbontech

Carbontech Lurker
    None

Jul 31, 2010
    La.

21. Allenfx

Allenfx Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 6, 2011
    SouthEast
    I didn't read the 17 replies but i am going to have to disagree with you here.

I think the potential Atrix buyers are very respectful and 90% of the arguments about this hot device are pretty reasonable.

It does have the highest specs, most peripherals, and largest battery after all?

And at least 75% of the posters even acknowledge its flaws (blur/potential locked boot loaded/5mp camera/the fact its a motorola/ etc.)

I wouldn't call that Elitist

Are you and I elitist because we point out the strengths of our phone of choice?

Carbontech likes this.
  22. AndreaCristiano

None

Dec 12, 2010
    NJ

That's not calling people iSnobs that's comparing actions

23. AndreaCristiano

None

Dec 12, 2010
    NJ

No its just a manner of which way you approach I guess

24. Allenfx

Allenfx Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 6, 2011
    SouthEast
    Oh...i think you were referring to the few "fanboi" off hand comments like.

"Atrix rulz" "Atri- no fear" "Atirx is da bomb" "Atrix forever it wins" (imagined to be said in a wrestler Rowdy Randy Savage voice like "step into a slim jim" type thing?

LoL...chalk it up to excitment.

I do the same thing when im in my 412hp mustang and a rice racer pulls up beside me and revs the engine (i pull out my helmt and say in the randy savage voice.... "lets do this"

To which they usually say "screw that" and drive off.

All in good fun.

25. AndreaCristiano

None

Dec 12, 2010
    NJ

Dude you have the new stang freaking love it!!! Can't get one now saving for a house. Yes those were the comments I know let it roll off the back lol. What color is your stang? ?