• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Whats Wrong...What Happened...Froyo?

Dose

Nov 29, 2009
Alright, Im not trying to bitch.... But whats going on with my phone now? Here are my problems any suggestions would be appreciated and please let me know if you guys are experiencing the same problems.

1. Scrolling, especially when using stock browser is a little off...It seems like it takes the phone longer to register that I am sliding my finger on the phone... Its not a typical lag, just more of an unresponsiveness

2. My Up Time and Awake Time are now equal...it was never like this before

3. It seems that a lot of programs are constantly running, even after I go to setting:manage applications:running:force stop they still keep running...I have stopped google maps a million times already and its still running...

4. I know this isnt a Froyo thing...but the new FB app sucks... Ppls profile pics arent showing up and it takes forever to fully load....I hate it...

5. This just sucks...I hate when updates come out and it seems like it makes your phone worse...this happened when 2.1 came out for the hero...it absolutely sucked after that update. sigh... oh well I still love my phone...just hope I can get it back to atleast how it was before

Ok, so what have you tried so far? I'm sure you read many threads here to figure it out...there have been a lot of threads created in the last 24 hours to answer the issues you've just mention...what have you tried so far to fix this after doing a search on these issues on this forum?

Upvote 0
Alright, Im not trying to bitch.... But whats going on with my phone now? Here are my problems any suggestions would be appreciated and please let me know if you guys are experiencing the same problems.

1. Scrolling, especially when using stock browser is a little off...It seems like it takes the phone longer to register that I am sliding my finger on the phone... Its not a typical lag, just more of an unresponsiveness

2. My Up Time and Awake Time are now equal...it was never like this before

3. It seems that a lot of programs are constantly running, even after I go to setting:manage applications:running:force stop they still keep running...I have stopped google maps a million times already and its still running...

4. I know this isnt a Froyo thing...but the new FB app sucks... Ppls profile pics arent showing up and it takes forever to fully load....I hate it...

5. This just sucks...I hate when updates come out and it seems like it makes your phone worse...this happened when 2.1 came out for the hero...it absolutely sucked after that update. sigh... oh well I still love my phone...just hope I can get it back to atleast how it was before

1. go to browser, menu, settings and go to the plug-in settings and set it to on-demand. By default its showing all flash animations in the browser and that slows it down. By setting on-demand you can pick and choose when you see flash.

2. Could be facebook, known issue with the app. It installs itself as a service and doesnt let the phone sleep.

3. Download system panel and look at those running apps. They arent using any CPU time. My guess is google enabled them for autostart for a kind of "quick boot." You are likely wasting more battery shutting them off than they would have been when left alone.

4. Facebook has always sucked

5. Go through and turn all of the superfluous stuff back off, like google chat and sprint zone updates.

Upvote 0
Re-update Facebook App to 1.3.1, they just released it. RE-released, I should say, as the battery drain uptime/awake time issue was brought forward. This was just yesterday. I did the update yesterday and have noticed a difference.

My up and awake times are different, so I don't necessarily have a battery drain problem. But I'm not sure where/how to check which version of the Facebook App I have. How do I do that?

Upvote 0
My up and awake times are different, so I don't necessarily have a battery drain problem. But I'm not sure where/how to check which version of the Facebook App I have. How do I do that?

You can check in the Facebook app. Press Menu > About.

If you have the most recent version, it should say version 1.3.1

You can go to the Market and it should tell you if you have any updates pending.

Upvote 0
Browsing the internet is almost impossible with FroYo, and I cant even see my texts because it takes about 3 seconds for the evo to catch up with what im typing. I tried everything mentioned here including a hard reset but it still sucks.

are you holding it right?

jk sorry

look, there are relatively few people having problems after the update. HOWEVER the ones who are, the problems are significant.

i would suggest you peruse the forum (Evo 4G) and see if anything offered helps you. ESPECIALLY under troubleshooting. a topic titled "How to fix Froyo" comes to mind...

there is very likely to be either a setting, or an app that is causing you trouble. (most likely the latter)

if you do as i've asked, and look through all of the troubleshooting tips provided by many hard working friends, and still you are not satisfied, let me know, and we will talk.

Upvote 0
You can check in the Facebook app. Press Menu > About.

If you have the most recent version, it should say version 1.3.1

You can go to the Market and it should tell you if you have any updates pending.

Thanks for the info. But that brings up 2 questions:

1. I see and use a Facebook app in the Apps window. While in the app and I press Menu, I only see two options - Settings and Logout. But when looking under Menu - Settings - Applications - Manage, I see two Facebook apps: Facebook and Facebook for HTC Sense. So I believe I'm using the Facebook App, not the one for HTC Sense. I believe the version I have is 1.2. I don't remember downloading it, and in fact, it doesn't appear when I click Downloads. it only appears when I click All. So I'm not sure why there are two.

2. When I access the market and click Downloads (which is now under Menu), only 1 or 2 of the apps I downloaded appear there, although all of the other apps are active on the Apps window. Has anyone else had this issue, and is there a fix?

Thanks for your help!

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info. But that brings up 2 questions:

1. I see and use a Facebook app in the Apps window. While in the app and I press Menu, I only see two options - Settings and Logout. But when looking under Menu - Settings - Applications - Manage, I see two Facebook apps: Facebook and Facebook for HTC Sense. So I believe I'm using the Facebook App, not the one for HTC Sense. I believe the version I have is 1.2. I don't remember downloading it, and in fact, it doesn't appear when I click Downloads. it only appears when I click All. So I'm not sure why there are two.

2. When I access the market and click Downloads (which is now under Menu), only 1 or 2 of the apps I downloaded appear there, although all of the other apps are active on the Apps window. Has anyone else had this issue, and is there a fix?

Thanks for your help!

It's the app market version that's causing the problems since it came out about the same time as the 2.2 upgrade as if it were 'optimized' for it. You can go to Menu / Settings/ Applications and select the Facebook app and there's a button that allows you to uninstall the upgrades. Then, after that, select the tab for Running and you'll see that Facebook is indeed running. Force close it (them, as there's sometimes two services running) but make sure it's not the HTC one. That's used for your friend stream.

Once I got rid of the FB update (to 1.3.0 AND the 1.3.1) and closed those running services my battery went back to normal. Now, if I want to mess with FB, I totally skip the app and just bookmarked it and use the browser. Much easier and no more of that crap running in the background.

Upvote 0
Weird, I just noticed the FB app posted in the marketplace has reverted back to 1.3.0. A couple of days ago they posted 1.3.1 as the 'fix' for the battery issue. Can't find it now. At least in Appbrain. On their official page there's a whole slew of people looking for it and can't find it either. Must be redoing the redo.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones