1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What's wrong with my screen? I don't even know how to describe it.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by blocketh, Jul 4, 2013.

1. blocketh

blocketh Lurker

I have an HTC Vivid I got back in August last year, and back in February it fell in my dorm's kitchen and the screen shattered. Everything still worked fine, however. Instead of paying $200 for my insurance to replace it, my wonderful boyfriend replaced the screen for me. Everything has been great since, but like a centimeter or two of the left side of the screen would hardly respond to touch. Like if I tilted it to text, it would always put v's or b's when I touched the space. I tried recalibrating it and nothing really worked, but I didn't worry about it because it wasn't too much of a bother. Well, the other day one of the two year olds I nanny threw my phone across the kitchen. The screen didn't break, but there was this dark shadow across the bottom left corner of my phone. Not too big of a deal because I could see through it and still touch it, and it even went away after a while. Now, three days later, the entire screen is messed up, mostly the left side. It's really dark and though the screen isn't delayed, the display is delayed, if that makes any sense. As I go to different screens, you can still see the prior screen faintly, and there's a pinkish stripe on the left side as well and it's overall a lot darker. Like I said, I don't even know how to explain it. I've never known anyone with this problem and I'm not sure if it's the screen or digitizer or what, and since my boyfriend replaced the screen, the warranty is out now. I'm afraid since it's getting so bad so fast that the entire screen is about to go out. It got worse when my phone barely hit a couple different things that would normally never affect it (like dropping it six inches onto my bed). I'm just not sure what to do or even what the problem is. The touch is completely fine, however. Anyways, any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. LilBit

LilBit Extreme Android User

Hi blocketh, Welcome to AF. I moved your thread into the Vivid forum so the experts in here can help you better.

3. NateWW

NateWW Lurker

Hi, I'm no expert on screens, this is what I think may have happened. I think when the screen got replaced, it wasn't centered correctly or wasn't secured all the way down, causing it to move slightly and cause issues. When thrown, it probably made it worse. If you can, maybe try and send it in to a pro and have them look at it. That's what I'd do.

Good luck!

HTC Vivid Forum

The HTC Vivid release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1620mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews