1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What's Wrong With This ROM?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by O-LAmdroid, Jul 11, 2011.

1. O-LAmdroid

O-LAmdroid Pending Deletion

I recently installed the "MUIU" ROM, and it keeps giving me a message saying "The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.". I go to report OR force close, however it just keeps appearing. What's the problem?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. nafpez

nafpez Well-Known Member

I assume you did a full wipe? What version of MIUI is it?

3. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Extreme Android User

mate, i thought you are trying to ruu the phone? why are you flashing other stuff?

4. O-LAmdroid

No, I didn't do a full wipe, I didn't think that was necessary. Also, the reason I flashed this was to get a ROM (Unlike GingerBread) with a self-timer on the camera. However, although it keeps giving me that error message, it has not erased ANY of my stuff (I assume because I didn't wipe it), and despite being like that for a whole day, the buttons that didn't work before, are actually currently working.

5. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

OK great but before you do anything else, please read all the faq's in teh "All about rooting" sticky thread.

6. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Extreme Android User

how many times have we said to him read up on the guides
    im not being harsh but im not helping this dude any more.

not wiping when changing rom ?

pft

7. ducky1979

ducky1979 Android Expert

Everyone on this site is only trying to help you, by not doing what is being advised you are only annoying those trying to help and also by not wiping you are also risking more complications and therefore requesting more help from the very generous people here, do everyone a favour and read the faq and learn from everyone's advice and not by making mistakes. Everyone will help you if you help yourself.

8. O-LAmdroid

Okay, first of all I would just like to confirm that I am in NO way at all doing ANY of this on purpose. I will admit I posess a great amount of stupidity, that some of you have experienced in the past. I am truly sorry for wasting your time. I will now FULLY listen to you and no longer show any stupidity. I will start off by reading the FAQ... What after that?

9. O-LAmdroid

Also, what section do I read?

10. SUroot

Initiall just start off with the "rooting FAQ" and read all of that, just to get a bit more of an idea.

Let me know when you've finished ;)

11. O-LAmdroid

Okay... Thank you.

12. O-LAmdroid

I just finished reading it... At first it felt like a waste of time, but then I started reading stuff I didn't actually know about. What now?

13. SUroot

Whats your knowledge like on the memory options available? If not great, the ROOT memory FAQ is also a good read.

14. O-LAmdroid

I was actually going to ask you something similar to that topic... Is there another version of the MUIU ROM that like the custom GingerBread one lets you move all applications to the SD card?

15. SUroot

Dunno much about miui but miui xj may be the one to go for. It's also gingerbread. Think it has dark tremor a2sd but would need g
    To check the thread

16. GingaB

GingaB Android Expert

Which version are you using? As SUroot mentioned above MIUI XJ is the best rom around at the moment and it has Dark Tremor A2SD on it so you get more internal space on your phone..You just simply activate it by typing couple of command lines..

17. ducky1979

ducky1979 Android Expert

+1 for miui xj, very customizable, battery efficient, lots of support.

18. O-LAmdroid

Okay, so after I get MIUI XJ, I have to to?

19. O-LAmdroid

By the way, it's COMPLETELY solved the button problem...

20. ducky1979

ducky1979 Android Expert

flash the rom, reboot and download terminal emulator from the market, run it and type:
    su
    a2sd cachesd

this will move the dalvik cache to sd ext (i hope you have created an ext partition?)
    if not you will need to make a bootable copy of gparted (its in my sig) run it and format your sd card creating a fat32 and ext partition.
    then you will be good to go
    dont forget to copy the contents of your sd before formatting it, then copy back after formatting.

21. O-LAmdroid

Okay, thanks. I will get back to you after I've done it.

22. O-LAmdroid

Can I just ask a question though?... Why is this "MIUI" ROM the only ROM keeping my phone working? To be honest the only reason I'm keeping it is for a self-timer, because it is really just making my phone look like an iPhone... Are there any other Android ROMS with self-timer?

23. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Don't know about self-timers - I did try the camera app from XJ in Oxygen the other day, but no luck (I have an earlier Miui camera working with Oxygen, but that doesn't have a self-timer).

Also don't know why your buttons work with this one but not others - your button problem isn't something I've come across before.

As for the iPhone look, you could presumably put a 3rd party launcher on top of Miui and hide that?

24. thebillington

thebillington Well-Known Member

I'm on MIUI XJ and I'm currently using the Windows phone 7 style launcher. Looks very nice.

25. ducky1979

ducky1979 Android Expert

When I was on xj I used launcher pro, I'm trying out go launcher at the minute, both very good though.

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews