• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Whats your battery usage for Samsung Galaxy S2?

Btw can I ask whats the normal charging time and normal battery life? :D

Normal battery, for my usage, is around 27 hours, rooted, using an updated modem, an optimised custom kernel and ROM with bloatware removed. Charging time is roughly 3 hours.

To be honest, forgive me for saying so, it's a little pointless asking these sort of questions because it is all down to your particular usage, optimisation and apps running. I'm sure I could probably get 35 hours+... but I like to use my phone. :)

Hope this helps. :D

Upvote 0
Normal battery, for my usage, is around 27 hours, rooted, using an updated modem, an optimised custom kernel and ROM with bloatware removed. Charging time is roughly 3 hours.

To be honest, forgive me for saying so, it's a little pointless asking these sort of questions because it is all down to your particular usage, optimisation and apps running. I'm sure I could probably get 35 hours+... but I like to use my phone. :)

Hope this helps. :D
It's true more widget means more battery consumption. Manage your widgets more effectively would be a little troubesome but nonetheless more useful.
Here is a link extending battery life:
How to Extend Your Samsung Galaxy S2?s Battery Life
Hope it can be helpful to you!

Upvote 0
For battery issue, I had some tests with my SGS2, if you only use it for voice calls, it might stands for 4 days, the more you use your screen the less battery life you have.
Based on personal experience, under the following conditions, the battery stays for almost 2 days with 20 to 25% remaining:
*Bluetooth on all the day for car kit usage
*Wifi on for about two hours per day
*3G connection on for about one hour per day
*Average 40 to 50 minutes voice calls per day

if you play games, this will severely affect battery life

Upvote 0
I seem to get typically one to two days between recharge with light phone use, wifi on, bluetooth on and GPS off.
What seems strange to me is that sometimes the battery charge will plummet much quicker but with seemingly the same apps and interfaces on??

Incidentally I found a nice battery gauge app called 'Battery Widget' from geekyouup that displays a percentage icon in the status bar.

Upvote 0
Interesting discussion, and I want to comment to Dafi, as I notice exactly the same thing. Normally, I use about 20% battery power a day, Wifi at night, only 3G during the day, but there is some days, such as yesterday and today, when, nothing changed to interface, settings or applications, my battery drains like a bucket. Yesterday the battery lasted only half a day, and I have a feeling that today will be similar, as in 1 hr I am already down 10%.
What sometimes helps is rebooting (I assume some services in the background are killed, but this time it seems of no avail. When I look at the detailed consumption (Easy Battery Saver) then I see that the Android OS takes about 40% of the consumption.
Cell is rooted, CPU set on demand between 100 MHz/750 mV (screen dimmed) and 1.2 GHz/1.2 V.

Upvote 0
I run a standard rom on a O2 branded GII,I use my phone for quite a bit of browsing each day,a few calls,read a few pages via Kindle,write a few texts/emails & I used to practically drain my battery in a day.
For the last week I've been using Juice Defender Pro (customised) & my battery life has improved by around 50-60%,I'm more than pleased with the results,which I'm sure I could improve by removing a widget or two from my home screens,I tend to use my widgets so I'll stay as I am,I am quite sure that if you ran your 'phone widget free you would achieve double your previous battery life.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones