• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's your confirmed evo accessory setup?

Here we go.... 1m HDMI to Micro HDMI cable for $12.20 shipped. It comes from China so it'll come in about 2 weeks.
sku_37396_1_small.jpg

Was looking at the cable from Arrow and shipping is $8. Brings the total to over $16. And that was the cheapest price and cheapest shipping I found with the US distributors for the Molex cable. Though it is 2m instead of 1m. The $8 shipping holds if you order more than one as well so you can make that price cheaper by ordering a few. Also, they tack on a buck for an energy surcharge. Buying 3 cables breaks down to about $11.90 a piece.

Upvote 0
Are the EVO charger docks only available through Best Buy? Are the docks similar to the iPhone's? I always dock my iPhone next to my bed and use it as an alarm clock. I don't like the idea of just leaving it loose on my nightstand and possibly falling off due to vibration or me accidentally knocking it off.

Upvote 0
I already bought the following:

• Seidio 1750 mah extended battery
  • Seidio multi-function battery and phone charger
  • leather holster

Best buy will give me my Evo with Zagg InvisiShield Whole body protector already installed.

As of now, that's it for the confirmed ones. Anything else would be what I find at Best Buy and Sprint Stores. I hope to buy the following on Sprint and Best Buy stores at launch date:

• Car Dock
  • Desk Dock
  • Gel Skin case
  • hard case
  • Wired stereo headset (handsfree)
  • a cheap 16GB (and up) card

The things that I will surely buy when it becomes available:

• Seidio 3500 mAh battery
  • A case that can fit the 3500 mAh battery

The things I plan to buy once I've finished with everything else (e.g. Lowest priority on my "to-buy list" - After I bought everything else including apps)

• Sennheiser MM200 (just can't justify this one at the moment)

I can't justify this at the moment because I have 3 bluetooth devices including one A2DP BT stereo support headset.

EDIT: The Battery has already been shipped hopefully will be getting it today (haven't checked the mailbox yet since last week)... LOL

But I plan to charge the 2nd battery the night before launch, so I'll have a working Evo the moment BB hands over the phone to me. :p

Upvote 0
Hot pink silicon case from www.amzer.com
Ghost Armor, full body from www.Ghost-armor.com
16Gb micro SD card
Retractable micro USB cable
USB cigarette lighter adapter

Also ordered an HD2 silicon case for 0.02 from amazon (even though I know it won't be a perfect fit) because the amzer case isn't shipping until sometime in June :/

Looks like it blocks the front camera... fyi

Upvote 0
i'm getting an invisible shield (hopefully best buy will have some in stock when i pick up my pre-order) and i'm looking for a case like the epik case (www.Degasis.net - Authorized Dealer of Epik Case Products for Smartphones - Blackberry Iphone Etc.). i love these cases since they barely add bulk and they don't attract dust/lint. i think the ultra-cases and amzer cases (and some of the high gloss silicone ones i've seen at verizon stores) are the same product but i'm not 100% sure.

Upvote 0
Looks like it blocks the front camera... fyi

Which one? I know the white one does and I e-mailed amzer to cancel my order unless they plan on fixing it before it ships. I also know the pink amzer one covers it slightly, but that should be an eadsy fix.

If you're referring to the HD2 one, that's just for the interim, I know it's not going to be perfect, just want to keep my phone safe!

THANKS!!!!! :D

Upvote 0
Which one? I know the white one does and I e-mailed amzer to cancel my order unless they plan on fixing it before it ships. I also know the pink amzer one covers it slightly, but that should be an eadsy fix.

If you're referring to the HD2 one, that's just for the interim, I know it's not going to be perfect, just want to keep my phone safe!

THANKS!!!!! :D

yea, the amzer one

Upvote 0
i have my micro hdmi to full hdmi cable from arrow, car charger, tons of micro usb cables from my pre, sandisk 16g micro sd card (loaded up with my entire music collection, 2 movies(kung fu hustle, Ip Man) ringtones and pics , and car dock (spent 3 bucks on what turned out to be a very nicely built one from shop tech. until i get a look at the official one, this will definitely do the trick). wired earbuds w/mic are in the mail. willl be using the 8g that comes included solely for movies for when i travel (so far i'm putting on "day the earth stood still, MJ live in Bucharest, Star Trek(most recent), biker boyz, district 9")... would like to invest in possibly the jawbone icon bt if i can find a great deal on ebay. will be getting the silicone arguyle case from amzer when it drops

Upvote 0
@ AM2 ... could you tell us non computer savvy people how to put movies on the phone?

just chuckled at someone thinking i'm computer savvy...lol...thanks to several members of this forum i've learned to use Handbrake @ settings favorable to the Evo to convert to proper format...then it's just a drag and drop to card from there

there's a link somewhere to the whole process, but i have no idea where it is or how to direct you to it (there goes my computer savvyness..lol)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones