• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Whats your daily driver.......

Deodex debloated GC01 heavily modified by me . Completely transparent. Customs add-ons on system settings by me. 64gb sd card class 10. And now working on a touch CWM recovery.

Dialer.jpg

Drop-down-menu.jpg

Custom-add-on.jpg

Touch-CWM.jpg

Reactions: bilgerryan and Doc
Upvote 0
I will get started, Im running Project X 2.0, a fantastic rom, its overclocked, everything works and i mean everything lol, i was a big aosp rom guy and still am, I love Slim Bean and ran it for almost 2 months before finding Project X.

So what are you running for your daily driver lol......;):D

I notice on Project it says few tweaks are added..did you add any to your phone? If so, can you link them here and say what differences you noticed?

Whats battery life before tweaks with project like?

Upvote 0
I notice on Project it says few tweaks are added..did you add any to your phone? If so, can you link them here and say what differences you noticed?

Whats battery life before tweaks with project like?

I guess the biggest thing for me is it comes OCed and unlike alot of TW roms, it has alot of extras, to many even to put here lol, the sound quality is fantastic, no dropped calls, sms and mms, wifi and usb tethering works flawlessly, i cant say enought about this rom and how well its working for me.

The battery life is actually very good, no worries there, it has alot of sony extras which i like but i have uninstalled alot of stuff that i dont use which doesnt take away from the rom i just dont use them.

I love the aosp roms, slim, liquid and so on but got tired of dealing with some of the small issues they have and I actually was informed acouple of days ago from some devs that 4.2.2 will be avaiable here very soon for the TW roms.....:D:D:smokingsomb:

Upvote 0
Been using slim bean it it seems to work good. How is that project x compared to this?

Well i switched from slim to project x, main reason being is everything works, as with all aosp roms, there are small issues, sound, wifi and usb tethering etc that i was wanting in a rom, projext x has it all, everything works, its overclocked, extremely stable, i have had no issues with it at all.

The wifi and usb tethering connection is insane in my area, the camera works very well, like i said earlier i cant say enough good things about this rom.....:D

Reactions: bilgerryan
Upvote 0
So say I wanna try it. Just flash ROM and gapps seeing how I'm on slimbean? Also how do I make backup of what I have now so if I don't like it I can revert back. Thx!

What I would do is, back up current slim rom to extrenal sd in your current recovery or use titanium backup and then just follow the intructions in the OP:

1. Download full ROM, verify MD5 checksum and copy to phone SD storage.

2. Download and copy Jellybean X2 Format utility to SD storage: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2077277

3. Install EL26 (Chris41G) kernel or EL29 Directboot kernel.
They can be found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1662295
( Look for: GB - Stock EL26 Repacked Kernel or GB - Direct Boot CWM )
Note: For success, EL26 & EL29 kernels are recommended for flashing this rom!

4. Reboot into recovery, flash JB X2 Format then the ROM. You may flash a JB modem at this point if you like (required to run JB), but no other mods until ROM has fully booted the first time. Clean flash only if you're not coming from a previous version of this ROM! (Don't even ask cuz I'll flip on you for not reading the OP, this is highly modified and will not mesh well with other TW ROMs or AOSP.)
***Note- EL29 cannot flash modems- however, you can always flash it after the ROM boots with the built-in recovery

5. Let ROM boot fully and settle for a couple of minutes during the initial boot. (It will take around 10 minutes)

Reactions: bilgerryan
Upvote 0
It is still weird to have your airplane mode come on for no apparent reason.
The main reason for that is the toggle sticks sometimes, it doesnt happen very often but it does happen, like i said before,there are small issues with aosp roms and no way has it kept me from using them but again thats why i switched to TWs such as Project X and Touched by S4.....:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones