• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Whats your favorite Android FPS game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gameloft. Just say no.

Seriously, I don't trust them. According to google they apparently fixed the bit with their DRM not letting you re-download anything you paid for. But that aside, most of their games are all ripoffs of other games. When a company makes nothing but cheaper clones of other peoples original ideas, I consider it bad business practices and refuse to do business with them.

Upvote 0
Quake 2 is my favorite. I will not be supporting Gameloft.
Q1,2&3 if you look for them. Think Doom is floating around somewhere too.

I really hope that Dosbox gets a full port. I know of aDOSbox, but it's still early in development and seems to be slow going.

Lot of really good games out there that aren't gameloft crap.

One game I'd love to see ported to Android, but wasn't DOS, is Myst. The PC version.

Upvote 0
Those of you with physical keyboards, do you use them for control? I've always found FPS games very hard to control with the touchscreen.
For Quake2 I use my Keyboard. Touch screen to Aim, D-pad to move. I found it nigh impossible to control using the tilt controls, so I disabled that.

I ended up enabling God mode in the game console though. That way I could try to get used to the controls and actually get past the first level... or first enemy for that matter.

Upvote 0
Those of you with physical keyboards, do you use them for control? I've always found FPS games very hard to control with the touchscreen.

Here's my Quake 2 key mapping:

W - Forward
S - Backward
A - Strafe Left
D - Straight Right

D-Pad Up - Jump
D-Pad Down - Crouch
D-Pad Left - Turn Left
D-Pad Right - Turn Right
D-Pad Center - Shoot

Then I set always run to on, and if I need to aim up or down, I use the touch screen. With these controls I can effectively circle strafe while shooting people.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones